Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watching avis on xbox

• 12-07-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

just wondering if there is anyway to make ur xbox point to an external h/d rather than myvideos in mydocuments

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

bonkers wrote: »
    just wondering if there is anyway to make ur xbox point to an external h/d rather than myvideos in mydocuments

The xbox will pick up external hard drives but will only read FAT32 format

I bought an external hard drive, partitioned it, formatted one partition to be Fat32, then had to mount the Fat32 partition onto my PC in order to be able to copy files to it (depends on which version of Windows you have, Vista doesn't pick it up on its own)

Depends on the hard drive you get, some Western Digital ones will get picked up by the xbox with no formatting required and I am sure others will too

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

sorry i meant thru wifi connection to computer with hard-drive \attached..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Are you using the media centre, or just going into the video menu and playing videos on my computer?

If you're using the second option, just open windows media player on the pc and click the add to library button, then browse to wherever the videos are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Use Tversity,And add the video to it,Then your xbox should pick it up,Does on my home network :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheMeatMan

you can just plug the external HD into the xbox once its fat32 formatted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I pop my avis onto my USB key, then plug it into the USB port on the front of the xbox. Nice and quiet playback, easily done. Takes 2 minutes max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Same here as above, if its a tv series though or something I know I'll keep put it an external hard drive.Find it much handier than windows and it saves having the comuter on.Find windows really tricky disconnects more often than not and drives me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

TVersity really works for me, it's so easy to set up and just works. The new version even lets you right-click on a folder / drive in Windows Explorer and 'Share with TVersity'.

(P.S. I don't work for them, honest :))

Advertisement