Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptance and fee payment (American looking to use US Financial aid)

Options
  • 12-07-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I've just applied to UCD for the H.Dip in Computer Science. The deadline for non-eu applicants is the end of July. The program starts in September, though not sure of exact date. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response? I'm worried as I'm currently on a different stamp which runs out at the end of August and I don't want to have to leave for a week or 2 and return, especially since I've been living here for the last year.

Also, are there any Americans who have studied in Ireland who used financial aid from the States? UCD accepts this as payment, and I was wondering when and how the funds are distributed. I'll be using graduate student loans. When and how do I get the remainder of the funds as I would require the finds to pay for housing and bills. Any info will be much appreciated.

In regards to funds for support of bills and rent, is it possible to have my partner come down and show her details and verify that she will be supporting me? Thanks.

Any thoughts/advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JumAPond

Hey, cant speak to when you'll be accepted but I will be heading to TCD in the fall for my MSc Econ. The deadline for that program was extended to the end of June, (I already knew I was accepted in April/May) and they sent emails about 2 days after the deadline. My program starts 31 Aug.

My financial aid is lined up through Stafford/GRAD Plus loans...it took a "whopping" 2 days to get the process completed (so very easy, just make sure what UCD wants needs to have to certify your loans). In my case, my funds are dispersed three times (2 wks before start of terms) directly to the school, with any excess funds being released to me. When you apply for the loans, take into account how much above course/school fees you will need and factor it into your funding. I think I have it worked out to about $3.000 USD at each term released for rent/bills/etc. Very quick and easy process....once you figure out who to work with/what to do ha.

Can't answer your last part, my plan (which I've been told will suffice by the school) is to show officials my bank statement and my loan details (showing funding for support). With that I am told I should have no problem.

Hope it helps!

Advertisement