Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help deciding on accommodation

Options
  • 12-07-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all Wexfordians :)

I'm going to a wedding in August and need some local knowledge to help me decide on where to stay.

The mass part is in a church in Bree, there will be a small reception with finger food in The Maldron Hotel, there is then a bus taking us to the Heritage Park in Ferrycarrig, and is dropping back at the Maldron after the wedding party.

We are definitely driving to the Church, so we need a B&B for the night before the wedding (Friday) and the night of the wedding (Saturday). Are there B&Bs near the Maldron? Any you'd recommend? Alternatively, are there any B&Bs near the Heritage Park?

Thanks

Des

Comments

There is a B&B just across the road from the Ferrycarrig hotel (2mins drive from heritage park and 7mins from Maldron). Can't recall the name offhand but I am sure someone here knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

There is a B&B just across the road from the Ferrycarrig hotel (2mins drive from heritage park and 7mins from Maldron). Can't recall the name offhand but I am sure someone here knows it.

I don't remember the name, but I was at a wedding in the Ferrycarrig recently and friends of mine stayed there.

I actually dropped them off there that night as I was driving home. It was their second or third time there they said, nice and reasonable. Will send a text and report back.

There's plenty of B&Bs in Clonard that would do fine too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Is Clonard walkable from both the Maldron and the Hertiage Park ?

What distances are we talking about?

Will be easy enough to get a taxi to and from the Hertiage ?

Is Clonard walkable from both the Maldron and the Hertiage Park ?

What distances are we talking about?

Will be easy enough to get a taxi to and from the Hertiage ?

No, No

Couple of kms

Should be.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84934&d=1247486441

thanks

looks like a sober wedding for me then :(

• Advertisement

Taxi time!

Taxi time!

erm........you said we wont be able to get a taxi :confused:

Nope, I said you couldn't walk.

There shouldn't be any problems in getting a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Nope, I said you couldn't walk.

There shouldn't be any problems in getting a taxi.

Absolutely none.

Problems, not taxis that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Des,
    Plenty of taxis in Wex town, but it would be busy on a Sat night. But if you book one early it should be ok. The hotel reception could help you out with this. But if you want some taxi numbers let me know and ill get you some....
    BV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Des,
    if your still looking for a place there are certainly a few B and Bs within a 5-10 minute walk (or a short taxi ride) from either The Maldron or Heritage Park. If of any use see http://www.irishaccommodationguide.com/wexford.htm

Enjoy the wedding!

Advertisement