Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Praktica BX20 SLR

• 12-07-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was up in my dads attic today and was given a Praktica BX20 SLR with 2 lenses

Is thiis type of Camera worth anything theses days

Thanxs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It is worth trying and using :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Im a camera phone person:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have a practika LB2
    Theres no money in them TBH.
    Does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It works perfect as far a I know . It comes with a hard case and one small lense and on lense that is about 5 inch long . I also has a flash with it

If your intersted in selling it, PM me or link me to an Adverts.ie ad :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just so things are in the open.
    I thought the thread would be locked, so i PM the OP with an offer. I wouldn't be mad eager on getting it but could give it a good home.

Cheers for that H. I know you'll do alot better things with it so i'm happy for you too foster it!

I just have a bad case of G.A.S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

If you get €10 for the lot, assuming it is all still working , you'll be doing well. There are few humberKlogs out there to give a good home to these old cameras.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Well I offered 20. I know that doesn't sound a lot but it really is as far as I'd go for that camera at this time.

I'd like to bulk up my options with different models and it doesn't really bother me about ability of a camera. I find nearly every 35mm camera as rewarding as it is infuriating. I have my own ideas on what's needed for a good photo (which I've been thinking about starting a thread about at some stage (I've a diagram and all!! Really...I like diagrams)) and the camera is a very small factor in it this idea. The only model that I ever felt 100% with is the canon A1 and although I will replace my lost one I'd still like to expand other models.

I'd like to have a few 35mm to be able to share around. I gave a Boardsie the Olympus Trip and the results were brilliant. They'd not shot film before and it was great to be able to just hand a camera over with film in it and see their results. I was to give them the Canon after that but alas...
    So picking up cameras and having them to use now again for one's self or sharing around is something that kinda suits me. It's fun.

On another note (and may aswell here as most film users might throw their eye over this thread) I picked up a Minolta Dynax 500i just to get me by in the SLR dept. It was a great price and a great sale. Took it from Advert.ie and the guy was top notch. So no complaints there. But I do with the camera and other models like it.
    It's automatic. Loading, winding on, re-winding, zoom (optional) and has automatic exp. settings. I'm taking on average about 35% more frames than I would usually. I know one does when running in a new camera but I know I'm still well up on snapping. I miss non-automatic. I think I thought more about each shot, and as for AF...good god!!! I find AF so frustrating. Sure you can go manual on it but the ranger is plastic and doesn't have near the same tactileness as metal. This tactileness, for me, adds to how you approach the shot. Also it's a 35-70mm zoom which means I'm missing my 28mm to 35mm and I miss that extra space. I used to only use primes and will go back to primes as soon as. Again it's this lack of options and slower pace that suits me a lot more. I really don't mind missing a shot if I'm fiddling around in the bag for a lens or positioning myself but I really hate missing a shot when the camera's making a lot of motor noise jumping from one object to another and all you see through the lens is what you want in focus not in focus.

Automatic for me just means something's doing something somewhere much quicker than I want it to.

Glad to get all that off my chest.

Advertisement