Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone on eircom getting faster speeds then should be?

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

ive been getting speeds 3-4 times faster them what im paying for ever since eircoms dns server went tits up last week, my ping times are crap tho!

im payin for a 7MB connection in drogheda co.louth and im getting speeds like this

515871743.png

now i thought ADSL wasnt able to get speeds like that? should i ring and complane about the ping times, runnin the risk they will cop onto the fault and wind me back down to 7mb, or should i just bite me thumb and say nothing keeping the speeds im getting now?

is anyone else getting speeds like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

133ms ping and that speed registered?

Not really possible with current technology in the exchanges. Try a different speedtest server.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

i have tried it on a few differnt sites including eircoms speedtest, where i just got a speed of 36,606kbps

strange goins on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dazdrog wrote: »
    i have tried it on a few differnt sites including eircoms speedtest, where i just got a speed of 36,606kbps

strange goins on

Check your routers linestats for the sync speed.

Firetrap wrote: »

i done 2 tests there first one said 2.56mbps second one came in at 28.19mbps

so theres defo somthing wrong with my line yeah?
    Spear wrote: »
    Check your routers linestats for the sync speed.

Speed
    7168/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    29/15 dB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Download a large file, like a linux distro and tell us what speed you're getting after a while

downloading a large file is the first thing i done, got a 400MB file in around 2-3 mins peek download speed i seen was 1.9mbps, but it wasnt very stable. think the lowest speed i seen was below 100kbps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd say it will fix itself in a few days or maybe you'll end up with a 30mb line?

Doubt it though.

Advertisement