Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLB ( DOLBY )

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

After the S&P changes direction i would consider investing in this company. It was recommended on bloomberg and is the real mccoy. It has a strong balance sheet and huge cash reserve and will be making a fortune from royalties. Every digital device sold will pay a royalty to dolby as they own full rights to digital televsion etc...

This is high margin earnings which is great for a stock, DLB to might even make some gains during this period of uncertainty.

They are trading at $35 dollars and should hit $50. If you see this company at around $35 in a few weeks after the market correction then snap it up, but I estimate it will be over $40 by then.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

soddy1979 wrote: »

Thank you

You have found a good marker for Dolby....." If and how much Dolby will be used by PC manufacturs when windows 7 is so expensive already"
    There is a risk where a there will be a period where it might consolidate and Dolby also might not get as many licences due to cost cutting. There are risks but they are not going to seriously disrupt its present revenue, unless like the analyst said it has already been built into the share price, and if PC's with windows 7 is already built into the share price and they are cut out of many ....

We will have to wait and see if the pc manufacturs include Dolby in their products. I cannot see a multimedia orientated PC without Dolby.....and there present revenue is still strong and its speculative whether the share price includes windows 7 or not.

Retuers rate dolby a moderate buy incidently.

This share price took off and has gained 20% + already. Its trading at $42 dollars.

Soddy your perspective was fortunately wrong with DLB already sold out for the year with full revenue and a cracking third quarter. The only thing i can say is that share price is very high right now at $42 close to its high end price after a steep gain in july and while it will go higher i think there should be a correction which would make it a profitable entry point.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSBNG36634420090730

Thanks for your perspective anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Pirelli, the reason I posted the Reuters link was because you were pushing DLB like it was a sure bet, which it is not. Your quotes were not substantiated within your original post. Although I do acknowledge you took some steps to correct this in your second post.

Pirelli, the reason I posted the Reuters link was because you were pushing DLB like it was a sure bet, which it is not. Your quotes were not substantiated within your original post. Although I do acknowledge you took some steps to correct this in your second post.

It was a sure bet and that's why i posted it. Its Dolby were talking about. :)
    What did you think would happen!

1. The Reuters article you posted was a What if!
    2. Dolby orders book is full for the year 2009 so it was a "what if" next year article.
    3. I will be honest with you I got it from an analyst and it was a sure thing as they have royalty revenues that are devoid of any sales or overheads that would keep them in profit regardless.

Anyway its run it's course and needs a correction, The next big thing are insurance companies.

MBI posts tomorrow
    AZ posts on friday
    PMI post on friday

Im in MBI as of this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

pirelli wrote: »

Oh come on now..:rolleyes:

Is there not a policy on here about not discussing individual stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

techguy wrote: »

You're thinking of www.askaboutmoney.com

There's a policy here whereby no one is allowed to give investment advice; just their opinions. Read the charter if you're unclear.

Anyway its run it's course and needs a correction, The next big thing are insurance companies.

MBI posts tomorrow
    AZ posts on friday
    PMI post on friday

Out of MBI with a light( didn't risk as much as i would have liked ) 24 % profit.
    Pinnacle Airlines Corp. ( PNCL) an airline that reported this quarter revenue up 113%.I got in last week at 4.50 and its increased 25% already. I will jump and leave my profits as shares.

RETAIL are reporting this week in the USA
    I'm in Macys (M) since friday for the retail results next week. UP 2% i hope to see 8-10 % gain.

Some nice retail stock I have found.

Panglobal Brands, Inc (PNGB) 0.13 :Growing very rapidly every quarter with revenue Up 67 % this quarter.
    Joes jeans (joez) 0.72 :steady growth through the recession and very cheap. I learned about this on the must see HotStockMarket.com site.

Out of MBI with a light( didn't risk as much as i would have liked ) 24 % profit.
    Pinnacle Airlines Corp. ( PNCL) an airline that reported this quarter revenue up 113%.I got in last week at 4.50 and its increased 25% already. I will jump and leave my profits as shares.

I'm in Macys (M) since friday for the retail results next week. UP 2% i hope to see 8-10 % gain.

Joes jeans (joez) 0.72 :steady growth through the recession and very cheap. I learned about this on the must see HotStockMarket.com site.

PNGB Panglobal Brands, Inc ( PNGB) 0.13 ( OTC stock)

Its has 600,000 million authorized shares with a market cap of 1.4 million. So in light of this it's vulnerable to dilution and or even naked short selling.Also an increase of ten million shares outstanding to 40 million since 2008. In my opinion I would avoid this stock as there is risk of dilution as its an OTC stock and until something concrete has been established there is no way of knowing of that is happening.

Perfect World Co., Ltd. (ADR) (Public, NASDAQ: PWRD)

Got into this yesterday morning.It was my pick for the hottest stock of the day on HSM.

I was proved right when this afternoon when Zacks analysts posted PWRDthere pick for Tuesday and also there top pick of the week. :D I was there a day early and got a 7% head start for a choppy day tomorrow. $$$

http://www.zacks.com/commentary/11792/Top+Performer+for+Tue:+Perfect+World+%28PWRD%29+1179200

Some info on the company.

Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:PWRD): PWRD announced Q2:2009 earnings today before market open. Bank of America maintained Buy rating on PWRD, and raised price target from $23 to $45.
    This just posted Good earnings:NEW YORK -- Perfect World Co., a Chinese developer and operator of online games, said Monday its second-quarter profit jumped 60 percent. It also raised its third quarter earnings.

• Advertisement

Panglobal Brands, Inc (PNGB) 0.13 :Growing very rapidly every quarter with revenue Up 67 % this quarter.

Macys Hooray I made a scabby $10 despite the fact it was on bloomberg all day long.

ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Public, NASDAQ:ISIS)

It has $600 million in cash, it earns revenue from license's, milestone payments
    and royalties. It has 98 million O/S but a market cap of 1.58 Billion.

Hopefully come next week this will be trading at least $17 dollars.I have just speculated on it. I will post the chart next week so you can see what happened to my money.

ISIS2.png

CHLN China Housing and land development

They have 30 MLN shares outstanding and market cap of 167 million.

The quarter ended June 30, 2009, the Company's revenues were $22.6 million, an increase of 71.2% year-over-year from $13.2 million in the second quarter last year, and an increase of 63.3% sequentially, from $13.8 million in the first quarter of 2009.

Increased strength in market place for business.

Gross profit for the second quarter of 2009 was US$7.2 million, up 261.9% from $2.0 million in the same period of 2008, and up 66% sequentially from $4.3 million in the first quarter of this year. The gross profit margin for the second quarter was 31.9% compared with 15.0% in the same period last year, and up slightly from the first quarter gross margin of 31.4%.

Operating income increased 989% to $5.1 million compared to $470,000 in the second quarter of 2008 and increased 76.5% compared to $2.9 million in the first quarter of 2009.

Caveat:
    They have 45 million debt and because of having to pay this off they made a net loss of (10 million). Looks like it will be 2010 before we really see share price move but this week it will move!.

The year-over-year increase in gross margin is primarily due to the use of favorable pricing in the second quarter of 2008 for the initial marketing of the JunJing II project in order to attract market interest and encourage future sales.

They are also down -11% (jackpot) in share value today and the chart doesn't look good technically but its worth buying in my opinion.

EDIT: They earned (because of the debt repayment) a loss of 0.50 cents so any share increase is pure optimism on the next quarter which might also see more debt paid which in one sense is bleak and they are almost equal in share value to prior recession so alot will depend on the next quarters earnings.

chln2.png

It has $600 million in cash, it earns revenue from license's, milestone payments

Hopefully come next week this will be trading at least $17 dollars.I have just speculated on it. I will post the chart next week so you can see what happened to my money.

ISIS2.png

So this is what happened to my money. :D i will post it next week and
    hopefully it will be higher as per plan.Pure technical play this one with the caveat of a company with a very strong balance sheet.

MY Money is the green stuff

ISIS-1.png

CHLN hasn't performed and wont be doing much until their 3rd quarter results but they have messed their P.E earnings ratio by paying off warrants with their profits. CHLN is a good 2010 stock as its growing so quickly but they have caused a dilemma with their warrants, I listened to the conference call and they have a positive future growth but they have bought credits using warrants and as the share price went up they had to hand over more money than they anticipated. This will give it a end of year negative earnings growth but with a good third quarter expected hopefully should start to make good on those share earnings.

I have this on my portfolio and might have to wait until December to get it some profit from it.

Todays play was Aeropostale, Inc. (Public, NYSE:ARO) that had a share price that was consolidating after a weeks decline that had positive earnings released after market close. A quick 10% profit. :D

ISIS2.png

I love it when a plan comes together.:D:D:D:D

isisagust.png

** BUMP **
    After the S&P changes direction i would consider investing in this company. It was recommended on bloomberg and is the real mccoy. It has a strong balance sheet and huge cash reserve and will be making a fortune from royalties. Every digital device sold will pay a royalty to dolby as they own full rights to digital televsion etc...

This is high margin earnings which is great for a stock, DLB to might even make some gains during this period of uncertainty.

They are trading at $35 dollars and should hit $50. If you see this company at around $35 in a few weeks after the market correction then snap it up, but I estimate it will be over $40 by then.
    Thank you

You have found a good marker for Dolby....." If and how much Dolby will be used by PC manufacturs when windows 7 is so expensive already"
    There is a risk where a there will be a period where it might consolidate and Dolby also might not get as many licences due to cost cutting. There are risks but they are not going to seriously disrupt its present revenue, unless like the analyst said it has already been built into the share price, and if PC's with windows 7 is already built into the share price and they are cut out of many ....

We will have to wait and see if the pc manufacturs include Dolby in their products. I cannot see a multimedia orientated PC without Dolby.....and there present revenue is still strong and its speculative whether the share price includes windows 7 or not.

Retuers rate dolby a moderate buy incidently.
    This share price took off and has gained 20% + already. Its trading at $42 dollars.

Soddy your perspective was fortunately wrong with DLB already sold out for the year with full revenue and a cracking third quarter. The only thing i can say is that share price is very high right now at $42 close to its high end price after a steep gain in july and while it will go higher i think there should be a correction which would make it a profitable entry point.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSBNG36634420090730

Thanks for your perspective anyways.

1. The Reuters article you posted was a What if!
    2. Dolby orders book is full for the year 2009 so it was a "what if" next year article.
    3. I will be honest with you I got it from an analyst and it was a sure thing as they have royalty revenues that are devoid of any sales or overheads that would keep them in profit regardless.

MBI posts tomorrow
    AZ posts on friday
    PMI post on friday

techguy wrote: »

ixus wrote: »
    You're thinking of www.askaboutmoney.com

There's a policy here whereby no one is allowed to give investment advice; just their opinions. Read the charter if you're unclear.

It's time to see who was right and who was wrong

I predicted DLBY would go from $35 to just over $40 and then correct before moving again. I predicted it perfectly it did exactly that. If you had invested at $35 you would have made almost 80% profit on your money as it now trades at $57 dollars. Look at the chart and tell me the smart money hasn't gone into DLBY while the market corrected in the last 2 months. http://www.google.com/finance?q=dolby

I think that some people are such boardsies that they argue sh*te with you just to be antagonsitic. I have yet to get a good tip from boards.ie. DLBY was a rock solid trade and beat the pants off Pocketdooz. Speaking of pants... Check out joe jeans

Joes jeans (joez) now trade at $2.20 an increase of 300%.
    PNCL now trade at over $8 almost 90%.

I also called Volkawagen but nobody listened. Perhaps people have better sh*t to be doing on an invesment forum than to share profitable ideas. Apart from bullish people have little to do but discuss Banks. I will sum banks up for you for 2010 : Buy low sell high. Boardsies are more concerned about being swarmy as fuc*k then about helping each other make money. Boards is a great oppourtunity for people to share genuine trades. The more people that particpate the better. Any other site is in undated with people lying through their teeth trying to short sell stock and issue pumps and dumps .

This is a unique oppourtunity for people to make some money by using the information we receive to help generate good trades.

Fu&K i have tried and i have never called a stock a buy if it hasn't gone a up at least 80% but nobody seems to bother to participate so why should I share my unique knowledge of stocks that takes a long long time to learn.

XCHO is now 400% higher and if it wasn't made clear in earlier posts to you i posted it when it was about to take off. Most of these are stocks i have spent hours studying and i share them and people are busy spout&*ng off about banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

** BUMP **

It's time to see who was right and who was wrong

I predicted DLBY would go from $35 to just over $40 and then correct before moving again. I predicted it perfectly it did exactly that. If you had invested at $35 you would have made almost 80% profit on your money as it now trades at $57 dollars. Look at the chart and tell me the smart money hasn't gone into DLBY while the market corrected in the last 2 months. http://www.google.com/finance?q=dolby

I think that some people are such boardsies that they argue sh*te with you just to be antagonsitic. I have yet to get a good tip from boards.ie. DLBY was a rock solid trade and beat the pants off Pocketdooz. Speaking of pants... Check out joe jeans

Joes jeans (joez) now trade at $2.20 an increase of 300%.
    PNCL now trade at over $8 almost 90%.

I also called Volkawagen but nobody listened. Perhaps people have better sh*t to be doing on an invesment forum than to share profitable ideas. Apart from bullish people have little to do but discuss Banks. I will sum banks up for you for 2010 : Buy low sell high. Boardsies are more concerned about being swarmy as fuc*k then about helping each other make money. Boards is a great oppourtunity for people to share genuine trades. The more people that particpate the better. Any other site is in undated with people lying through their teeth trying to short sell stock and issue pumps and dumps .

This is a unique oppourtunity for people to make some money by using the information we receive to help generate good trades.

Fu&K i have tried and i have never called a stock a buy if it hasn't gone a up at least 80% but nobody seems to bother to participate so why should I share my unique knowledge of stocks that takes a long long time to learn.

XCHO is now 400% higher and if it wasn't made clear in earlier posts to you i posted it when it was about to take off. Most of these are stocks i have spent hours studying and i share them and people are busy spout&*ng off about banks.

thanks for all the tips and knowledge you share.

I appreciate it.

Let's not make this a competition ("and beat the pants off Pocketdooz.")

You're investing style is just very different than mine.

pocketdooz wrote: »
    thanks for all the tips and knowledge you share.

I appreciate it.

Let's not make this a competition ("and beat the pants off Pocketdooz.")

You're investing style is just very different than mine.

Thanks ,

I was still scathing form our last spat. It was just a jest as your username is pockets and their a jeans company and it's an expression.

Obviously you have made alot of contributions and your portfolio idea was brilliant. VMED was a great call and TINY it appears to have taken off. Obviously i can track your stock like vmed and see its bargain. I am sure people have safely made money from your portfolio and i am sure it is appreciated by many people.

I just see an oppourtunity for people to get organised and make some money despite the fact the markets have a zero net gain and the fact traders make money from each other boards.ie has the potential for users to get relatively decent information rather than places like yahoo finance.

Yahoo finance is everything I hate about the internet. UGH! So people being contrite and posting boardsie style is great but it would be great if people contributed also.

There are sites like this but they are either too limited ( which boards will always be ) or too busy and broad like yahoo finance .

E.G
    GOIG was a stock on stockhideout that was discussed coming up to march. I am not that fond of stockhideout as you would need a serious amount of coffee to follow it but they have a nice thing going with GOIG making 300% this week.

Although boards.ie is unique because there are so few traders while in the USA there are so many and most of these site bar a few have as many people with ulterior motives which is natural given how the market works. The upside to boards is that zero net gain rule need not apply if people are genuine.

GOIG -
    http://www.google.com/finance?q=goig

SODDY1979. This is still going although some resistance forming around $70.

dlb7.png

Advertisement