Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Sprint not latching on

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

hello all,

I have a Mira sprint shower ,been in use for about 6 years.

The power on button has now packed in. When pressed it doesn't latch on. The water comes on for 2/3 secs before stopping.

I took cover off, pressed the switch ,once it latched on ,but then didnt latch at all.

Temporary fix ,I have the on/off button taped in and use the pull down power cord for switching the shower on/off.

Anyone know if temp solution can cause problems ? Are these worth getting new switch and fitting myself or should i just buy a new shower. (will be fitting new one myself)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

blueyedson wrote: »
    hello all,

I have a Mira sprint shower ,been in use for about 6 years.

The power on button has now packed in. When pressed it doesn't latch on. The water comes on for 2/3 secs before stopping.

I took cover off, pressed the switch ,once it latched on ,but then didnt latch at all.

Temporary fix ,I have the on/off button taped in and use the pull down power cord for switching the shower on/off.

Anyone know if temp solution can cause problems ? Are these worth getting new switch and fitting myself or should i just buy a new shower. (will be fitting new one myself)

thanks

If i remember correctly a mira sprint is a mains feed shower which just heats the water.

A plumber will charge you 150 for a change over with a new shower or prob 70 euro + switch on callout

TBH at 6 years I would buy a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

is availiable individually from modern plant on the nass road. Get them to send you a parts pdf or bring the part out.

Modern Plant Limited

Otter hse Naas rd Dublin 22

(01)4591344

Advertisement