Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy & DS

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I think most FF fans would agree that FFIV DS was a really good remake. The retune is a very nice surprise ("WTF! this thing in the cave can kill me!?!?!!")

But what do you think the chances of FF V & VI being remade for the DS?

SE said they finished their FF7 campaign then released FF7 on PSN. The SNES FFs have been released on VC so that makes me think they don't want to spend money on any remakes.

I have FF V & FFVI GBA cart but was hoping maybe to see FFVI remade like FFIV.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's probably quite likely, the FF3 and FF4 remakes made square a whole heap of money. I wouldn't be surprised to hear at TGS that another is in development. If there's one thing square can't get enough of it's money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's probably quite likely, the FF3 and FF4 remakes made square a whole heap of money. I wouldn't be surprised to hear at TGS that another is in development. If there's one thing square can't get enough of it's money.

Might be the mentality after they nearly faced bankruptcy before final fantasy.

Pity they can't re-release secret of mana instead of some of the dodgey mana games that are available now. I heard it's on Japanese virtual console though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought mana was on the US and Euro VC?

We won't be seeing any mana games for a long while or forever. Square ran that series into the ground with all the awful mana games after seiken densetsu 3. They admitted it themselves after the awful sales. It's a pity because they completely missed the point about what made those games so much fun and turned them into dungeon crawlers and even had havok physics enabled battles (?).

Square Enix nowadays are totally mercenary as can be seen by their total bastardisation of the FF name. They basically let the cat out of the bag about FFIV after FF3 by saying that FF3 made a huge amount of money and they would definitely be doing FFIV. FFIV has sold a whole heap as well. I'm pretty sure they'll do a remake of FFV and hopefully, fingers cross FFVI (and don't **** it up, can't trust square to make a good decision or game these days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Thought mana was on the US and Euro VC?

It is on VC in Europe, I've downloaded it.

I'd love if they made a brand new, retro-styled FF on DS instead of constantly trotting out remakes.

Have you tried the final fantasy IV sequel on Wiiware? It's all in the old FFIV SNES style, supposedly quite good and made by a third party and not the talentless square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Have you tried the final fantasy IV sequel on Wiiware? It's all in the old FFIV SNES style, supposedly quite good and made by a third party and not the talentless square.

I've seen it on youtube.

I have a wii with a faulty disc drive (in dispute with GAME) so might download some games from VC. Are VC games linked to the account or console?

Just need to find a official RGB scart cable for my ps2 so the wii can take the component ports.

Advertisement