Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate fondant recipe?

Options
  • 12-07-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Jayne Middlemiss made a chocolate fondant in Celebrity Masterchef recently which had a gooey centre once you cut into it, a bit like the Marks and Sparks one.

Anyone have any recipes for a chocolate fondant that they would kindly share with me?!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've made Nigellas molten chocolate babycakes a good few times (I ended up going out and buying mini pudding molds for them I loved them so much, but you can make them in little ramekins as well) and they are just amazing. You can make up a few of them and keep them in the fridge ready to pop in the oven whenever the chocolate monster calls upon you as well!

Really easy to make, but for some reason I always end up covered in the batter!

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=228

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I always use this recipe and it works well for me. It sometimes needs a little bit longer that the time it says:

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/hot-chocolate-fondant-recipe_p_1.html

Also 3 helpful hints with this, one some resturants put a piece of chocolate in the middle so that you get a melty bit in the middle all the time.
    Use a toothpick to test if it's cooked, this will give you a good idea of the runnyness of the middle without cracking the top of your fondant.
    When you turn them out onto the plate to serve sprinkle a little Cinnamon on the top and then put a dolop of cream or Ice-cream it adds to the taste and always suprises anyone I make these for!

Advertisement