Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser eye surgery in Cork

Options
  • 12-07-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My bro wants to get his eyes done while he's back from Saudi for the next 2 weeks.
    Anyone know who are the best for this in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I would think that it would be better to get it done in saudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I can only think of two places where its done. One is on the corner accross from the tax office out by C.I.T.. The other is Shanakil hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

mawk wrote: »
    I would think that it would be better to get it done in saudi.
    He doesn't get time off in Saudi..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

pity. he would save himself a packet doing it there.

but i guess if he is working in saudi the money should be rather good so that might not be a problem. the clinic in bishopstown, to my ears, gives excelent surgeryn but without too much in the way of aftercare. consultation is free

if he elects to go with ultralase in waterford and mentions that he heard about them on the radio in cork he can get a 20% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

I also want to get this done, I think I might be better of heading to dublin to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I got it done about 2 yrs back through optical express. Surgery is in dublin. No complaints what so ever. You must call into mahon point for an examination first to see if your suitable.

Thanks guys.
    Well cost is no option for him... he is only back for two weeks so he needs a quick but quality job.

I'm not sure what to tell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

A guy I work with had this done, I think it was at the place on Model Farm Road. He had no complaints. I'll check with him tomorrow.

Sound.

The guy I was talking to said it took about 3 weeks from the initial consultation (test to see if you are a suitable candidate) to the completion of the surgery. He also had to go back for a check up about 2 weeks after the surgery. He has had no problems resulting from the surgery.

The cost was about €5k but got a tax rebate of about €2.8k

He did go to the clinic on Model Farm road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Had laser done about 4 years ago - best thing i ever did. Got it done in Shankiel Hospital by Dr. Conall Hurley - 2,000 per eye - well worth it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

FAIK the Eye laser building on Model Farm Road is closed now.

I pass it regularly & it doesnt look shut, but then I havent paid that much attention to it.

Advertisement