Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand Visa

• 12-07-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hey,
    I have a 60 day tourist visa 1 entry but I have decided to do a round trip of laos,cambodia aswell . I was woundering about the implications of
    re-entry when my visa is only a single entry?

If anybody knows it would be a great help thanx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

If you have a single entry visa then you are allowed to enter once only on that visa. If you go to Cambodia, Laos, etc you will need a new visa to re-enter Thailand.
    Best thing to do is scrap the single entry and go get a multiple entry instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

Different question, flying to Bangkok on Tuesday, plan on spending 5 weeks in SEA and decided against getting a Thai visa before going. So I know you can get a 30day visa when you arrive but I think in my case (i have 35 days before I fly back to Dublin) I might have to have an onward flight booked in advance? Is this true? Do the immigration guys ask for details of an onward flight when you arrive? I've heard differing stories...

I plan on going to Laos and maybe Cambodia so I won't be in thailand for more than 30days but flights to Laos are like €150 so I'd prefer to take a bus/train/boat.

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Brods wrote: »
    Different question, flying to Bangkok on Tuesday, plan on spending 5 weeks in SEA and decided against getting a Thai visa before going. So I know you can get a 30day visa when you arrive but I think in my case (i have 35 days before I fly back to Dublin) I might have to have an onward flight booked in advance? Is this true? Do the immigration guys ask for details of an onward flight when you arrive? I've heard differing stories...

I plan on going to Laos and maybe Cambodia so I won't be in thailand for more than 30days but flights to Laos are like €150 so I'd prefer to take a bus/train/boat.

Thanks for any advice.

No they dont ask for onward flight details (well they didnt ask me or anyone I know) but if they do just tell them your plans and you should be fine.

P.S. you should be able to find cheaper flights then that to Laos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

When you re-enter Thailand, you'll get a 30-day visa exemption stamp at the airport - this 30-day tourist stamp is technically not a visa.

OP, if you don't intend to stay longer than thirty days on any of your returning trips to Thailand, then you've nothing to worry about.

Edit: See geecee's post below for exact length of stays on entry stamps. Seems like Thailand are eventually trying to fix the visa-run loop hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Thanx for the info .. I recon its kinda to late to re-apply ill get another one in laos or cambodia when im over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

Don't forget that you now only get 15 days and not 30-day visa exemption stamp at a land border

The 30 day exemptions can now only be obtained at an airport...

So if you enter thailand, stay 2 weeks and then go to cambodia... you will only be allowed to stay in Thailand for 15 days on re-entry over the land border...so plan your trip carfefully (or fly back in to thailand!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

geecee wrote: »
    Don't forget that you now only get 15 days and not 30-day visa exemption stamp at a land border

The 30 day exemptions can now only be obtained at an airport...

So if you enter thailand, stay 2 weeks and then go to cambodia... you will only be allowed to stay in Thailand for 15 days on re-entry over the land border...so plan your trip carfefully (or fly back in to thailand!)

You can always go to the Thai embassies in any of the other countries you go to and get a 30 or 60 day visa for free there but this will take a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

Thanks Doc, en route now so fingers crossed you're right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

airasia.com will let you fly into and out of Thailand for less than 30 euro in most cases.

Advertisement