Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics card issue

Options
  • 12-07-2009 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

how to you increase the memory dedicated to your graphics card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You dont. Dedicated VRAM is whats on the Card itself. It has nothing to do with your System RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Overheal wrote: »
    You dont. Dedicated VRAM is whats on the Card itself. It has nothing to do with your System RAM.****

*** unless you have some pos cheap nasty gfx card that uses system memory e.g. "hyper memeory" or some equally nasty onboard which you can change the settings from the bios (sometimes).

What card have you op? What are your fully specs and why do you need more gfx card memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

uberpixie wrote: »
    *** unless you have some pos cheap nasty gfx card that uses system memory e.g. "hyper memeory" or some equally nasty onboard which you can change the settings from the bios (sometimes).

What card have you op? What are your fully specs and why do you need more gfx card memory?

Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
    Default Language: English
    intel core duo @2ghz
    DirectX* Version: 10.0
    Physical Memory: 4gb
    intel GMA X3100
    Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory: 358 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use: 179 MB

my laptop wasn't really designed to play games but i bought the game call of juarez and installed it fine,when i try to play the game there is sound but no video so i assumed it was the graphics card,looked on the internet about upgrading the graphics card to no avail with most people saying upgrading graphics cards on laptops was very difficult etc.some people were talking about going into the bios and editing the settings.i dont know much about graphics cards so sorry if i sound like a noob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can't upgrade your video card, and its not remotely powerful enough to play COJ. You'll need a new machine to play that game - some rare laptops can be upgraded but not when you're going from integrated video which is soldered to the motherboard.

Advertisement