Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl broadband installation?

Options
  • 12-07-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Hey guys was looking at getting ntl broadband ultra and i was wondering how it's installed, a fella was telling me its already set to go in my house as there was cable ntl tv in the rented house i'm in before? Sounded a bit odd to me but thought i'd ask here as i don't want to have to explain to the landlord why the wall is full of holes now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you have (or have the box for) ntl tv then you can probably get ntl broadband.

it takes a week or so for the engineer to come out and about 30 minutes to install, assuming all the cabling etc. is inplace.

if it's an old tv installation, they may have to change the box behind the telly, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hey, so from friends and family being installed it seems to be individual to each house. Things like quality of the point, internal cables, was broadband or digi there from them before and if there is an outlet splitter on the wall.

If its worse case all the install will be is a cable ran from the main line possibly near the guttering , it seems pretty discrete when I have ever seen it done. From here the cable is ran internally as close to the main tv point as possible with a hole size about the sice of a ten cent piece. The cable is then hooked into a small splitter box they mount on the wall or skirting board and another cable from that runs into the modem. Sooooo.... cable from main line to exterior point opposite main room, small hole drilled, cable fed in, outlet box mounted, cable comes from that to modem! Simples.

Also I'd say it may help if you sit quietly on the sofa and tap that 1911 every so often:D.lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lol cheers for replies gents :)

Advertisement