Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Dublin12 Primary DNS Server issues

Options
  • 12-07-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I've been having troubles with my connection since I'd say Thursday. I'm on UPC/NTL's top package in Dublin 12 and my connection just completely drops every so often and I get 'Primary DNS Server cannot be reached' type erros in both IE8 and Firefox.

I added the OpenDNS server (and a ScrubItFreeDNS one also) IP address into my DNS list. I did this in Windows 7 by going to the Properties of my wireless connection and going into the TCP IPv4 Properties and selecting the 'Use the following DNS server addresses' radio button and adding the IP addresses - is that the right way?

Before going through the nightmare of trying to get meaningful support from UPC, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a similar problem (is it a known issue) and if anyone has tips on how to resolve it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya need to change the dns address on ur router

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

guil wrote: »
    ya need to change the dns address on ur router

Thanks, I've just done that now and we'll see how it goes - fine so far.

Is this likely due to an issue with UPC's own DNS server?

Advertisement