Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington

• 12-07-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

There I was, busy entertaining family and friends, on a special occasion, and we decided to go to The Lemon Tree Restaurant in Blessington, it has always been very nice, great food and wonderful friendly service and good value for money. Imagine their embarassment recently, when, in front of their customers, a large group of Spanish students started a street fight at the front door of the restaurant and even worse, actually burst through the door into the restaurant, shouting and screaming and bleeding! My goodness, everyone inside was disgusted at this unwelcome anti-social behaviour.

Thankfully, it wasn't too long before the local police got the situation under control and dispersed the Spanish youths, after calling for an ambulance and the restaurant staff did a wonderful job on reassuring the customers that everything was back to normal and nice and calm.

Did anyone else witness this event and who should I contact in the Blessington area to complain about this situaiton?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Perhaps the school or language company which arranged the trip to Ireland for the students?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

I hope to make contact with an organiser this week.

Any response from the organiser(s)?

Waiting for a call back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Was it a fight between the students and themselves or between local youths?

• Advertisement

Hmmm, the standard reply when they don't want to hear a complaint! (Or maybe I'm overly cynical!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

A fight in Blessington, no wai!

I've never particularly liked the town anyway but on hearing this, methinks it's time to resume patrols of the Lacken border region...

Anyway, all seriousness aside, if you don't have names or anything I'm not sure that you'll have much luck.

Nevore wrote: »
    A fight in Blessington, no wai!

I've never particularly liked the town anyway but on hearing this, methinks it's time to resume patrols of the Lacken border region...

Anyway, all seriousness aside, if you don't have names or anything I'm not sure that you'll have much luck.

Yep, you are correct I guess. Still no callback!! I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 igotone

There I was, busy entertaining family and friends, on a special occasion, and we decided to go to The Lemon Tree Restaurant in Blessington, it has always been very nice, great food and wonderful friendly service and good value for money. Imagine their embarassment recently, when, in front of their customers, a large group of Spanish students started a street fight at the front door of the restaurant and even worse, actually burst through the door into the restaurant, shouting and screaming and bleeding! My goodness, everyone inside was disgusted at this unwelcome anti-social behaviour.

Thankfully, it wasn't too long before the local police got the situation under control and dispersed the Spanish youths, after calling for an ambulance and the restaurant staff did a wonderful job on reassuring the customers that everything was back to normal and nice and calm.

Did anyone else witness this event and who should I contact in the Blessington area to complain about this situaiton?

No. I wasn't present in the social hub that is Blessington that night unfortunately, maybe you should complain to the Gardai and tell them what they already know if you're really stuck for something to moan about - for all the good it will do.

What's your point igotone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

What's your point igotone?

He won't be able to reply, he's been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bcw

about you talk above, i was there also, the girl told me that the boy's forehead had hit to some thing by himself and screaming for help, but no fignting.
    They said they were frightened and have no idea what happen and what to do, but luckily the restaurant owner were there, he told them to call police and look after customer and ask a kitchen guy to clean the ground and himself got the first-aid box to help the Spanish boy.

im a regular customer of the Lemon Tree Restaurant in Blessington, and we know eachother very well, after i been told that the reataurant has got a new website, but i got ur post when searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

You really think that's a good restaurant? I've eaten there once and found it disgusting tbh. Also, I really don't see what use it would be to complain to tour organizers about a group of Spanish kids having a fight. Out of curiosity what do you possibly think that could achieve?

Just to clarify this, the (Spanish) "kids" (not my term of description) are not on tour but are on an English language course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

hopalong85 wrote: »
    You really think that's a good restaurant?

I think its nice. I've been in it a few times and found the quality of food very good and also with a very reasonable price.

Advertisement