Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers v Newcastle United

• 12-07-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

7A99084E12D34A75B8B982C444D7D667-800.jpg

F77CC9D0225245E983ACFBEDC7C2CEA6-800.jpg

E43045C700124C2BAF4DC870177D8181-800.jpg

CC94428CF6C34EBDB918EE0383D4DF16-800.jpg

72AF7577A6AD41D8A48024AE41F1C6CF-800.jpg

Lots more on the pix.ie site.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Great pics.
    It goes to show the difference in the finances of the two clubs when Rovers have to write their name on the ball in black marker:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

nice shots kensutz, i can only imagin what nicky butt is thinking ( im gonna get you ) and steven taylor looks more demented than joyed at scoring haha, great shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thanks for the comments.

Apparently The Sun has the photo of Taylor celebrating but there wasn't a single photographer near me to get the proper shot of him celebrating. Here's their effort.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2530725/Taylor-Toons-up.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

kensutz wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments.

Apparently The Sun has the photo of Taylor celebrating but there wasn't a single photographer near me to get the proper shot of him celebrating. Here's their effort.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2530725/Taylor-Toons-up.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

LOL

That's not Tallaght!

I had calls from five UK papers yesterday afternoon and evening looking for an image from the game of a specific player.

Seriously thought they were running some mad story on the player but don;t think there was anything in the Sundays.

I made sure I got decent pics of everyone during the game.

• Advertisement

lazy gits, maybe you should consider sending them your shots in future, so obvious its not tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

mighty shots ken - well done.

correct me if im wrong but, i think the pic they used is from the boro game from near the end of last season!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

It goes to show the difference in the finances of the two clubs when Rovers have to write their name on the ball in black marker:D

The way things are for Newcastle at the moment, I doubt they could even afford the black marker let alone the ball to write on. :pac:

Great pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

great pics..I'm a Newcastle fan and was going to go..but seeing that those b******s got us relegated I wouldn't cross the road to see them.

What cam+lenses did you use to get these shots?
    I'm just a noobie and starting out :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just heard on the radio this morning that Charlie Chalke (Goat Grill) is looking to buy Newcastle for £100 million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

soccerc wrote: »
    LOL

That's not Tallaght!

I had calls from five UK papers yesterday afternoon and evening looking for an image from the game of a specific player.

Seriously thought they were running some mad story on the player but don;t think there was anything in the Sundays.

Definitely not from the Shamrock rovers game anyway...

Even the Newcastle kit is different.. They are wearing their new shirt in the shamrock rovers photos, then the one from the Sun is last season's kit from a premier league game...

Look at the difference in the collar... Last season has a black one, whereas the new one is a white v-neck type thing..

great pics..I'm a Newcastle fan and was going to go..but seeing that those bastards got us relegated I wouldn't cross the road to see them.

What cam+lenses did you use to get these shots?
    I'm just a noobie and starting out :D

Canon 1D MkII, 300mm f/2.8L lens and 1.4tc.

Canon 1D MkII, 300mm f/2.8L lens and 1.4tc.

nice kit :)

I have the 40D and the 200m f/4L but I'm sorry I didn't go for the 300mm or the 400mm.
    Definite have to get one of them now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,542 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Brilliant shots, Ken.

Why is "Safe" written on the ball in the first shot?
    To differentiate it from the balls armed with explosives? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

nice kit :)

I have the 40D and the 200m f/4L but I'm sorry I didn't go for the 300mm or the 400mm.
    Definite have to get one of them now :)

Maybe the huge price increase?
    I know that's why I didn't :pac:

Great shots ken,Like all of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Nice shots Ken, was there for the first half but left before thr rain set in!

Its not Safe its SRFC (Shamrock Rovers FC) stops thieving opponants robbing your balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Nice action shots but not mad on the PP.
    The 1st 3 pics are all diff sat/exposure levels.
    Although with the ever changing cloud cover that could be one reason.
    Pic #2 def over saturated though.

No saturation levels adjusted :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

When is the madrid match???

• Advertisement

20th July. They fly in today.

No saturation levels adjusted :rolleyes:
    Well maybe explain to a newbie why the colours are so different in the pics, especially #2 instead of doing a sarcastic smilie, how are people meant to learn,...
    wait forgot a smilie... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

20th July. They fly in today.
    Thought they came yesterday.thanks anyway.;)

You were right. Cloud cover played havoc with metering. One minute it would be bright and then a cloud will come across. Also most of those shots were from the second half where they had the floodlights on too.

TY.
    Just I'm still not fully got this exposure thing right in my head.
    Why then did you not adjust the sat then?
    Curious not critical.

You were right. Cloud cover played havoc with metering. One minute it would be bright and then a cloud will come across. Also most of those shots were from the second half where they had the floodlights on too.

Plus the light bouncing off the wet orange plastic rain macs:D

The light even in the first half was ever changing from blasts of strong sunshine to very overcast. The second half began with a delufge but I high tialed it out. Got the shots I needed

Those rain macs would make you think they were playing against Holland or someone like that.

AR: Didn't want to mess around when I had to get the shots sent off asap. Also being at the Bruce Springsteen gig on Saturday night made the deadline even tighter for me. Luckily the gf was delayed getting to Dublin so I sent off everything while sitting in Merrion CC car park. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Great shots , pity bout the result :(

Had to go to newsagents this evening to get a bin tag so decided to look at today's papers.

Apart from the Mail all the others used my images either for the match report or for post match comments from Damien Duff/Chris Hughton

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Saturday was a hectic day for the agencies with so much going on.

soccerc wrote: »
    Had to go to newsagents this evening to get a bin tag so decided to look at today's papers.

Apart from the Mail all the others used my images either for the match report or for post match comments from Damien Duff/Chris Hughton

Were they your exact pics?
    Did you get paid for them? just curious ..that's all :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Good stuff. Saturday was a hectic day for the agencies with so much going on.

As was Sunday. Sportsfile had nobody at the Curragh for the Irish Oaks which is amazing considering it's one of the biggest days at the Curragh and Inpho had the boss man there.

They could have hired me for the day if they were that stuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Advertisement