Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV down in Dunshaughlin Area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Still down as of 12 noon since 6 or so yesterday evening in the Blanchardstown area. There's nothing on their site about maintenance work either. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

Still down as of 12 noon since 6 or so yesterday evening in the Blanchardstown area. There's nothing on their site about maintenance work either. :confused:

That's the most frustrating thing, they gave no details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Im in blanch and it went down for me at 10.30pm last night (failing on the PPP check) but it was back up for me when I logged on this morning.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    Im in blanch and it went down for me at 10.30pm last night (failing on the PPP check) but it was back up for me when I logged on this morning.

I'll try it again when I get home later this evening, prob be back by then if its ok for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

I'm after ringing them now, they're going to ring me back as their tech support is very busy at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was working when I left home around 11 today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i tried rininging them at 9am today and they said they weren't working until tomorrow as it's a BH up there

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crownhill

Went down at 10;00 pm back this morning but find some sites take ages to load even google mail refused to load. Getting worse as the day progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Vanished last night for me (near Lifford in Donegal) at 10pm and was gone all night as far as I know. It was back this afternoon, but I hadn't been on before that to check - seems very slow now also.
    I too can't understand why we don't get updates and info on this - if not an apology afterwards! It seems to me that they hope most of us won't notice and would rather pretend it wasn't happening. There's also the fact that we could possibly claim a reduction on our bill if it's down for more than a certain number of hours - not sure exactly how long? Not much reduction for an individual, but if ALL of us claimed, Julian might need to take a pay cut :p
    That's why Boards members posting here and letting all and sundry know, including potential new customers, must be a nuisance :pac: So, keep it up ... the squeaky wheel and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Twice in the space of one week is unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

I don't think they have customer support staff left! A guy called Carl Stinson used to post very helpfully on the newsgroup (utv.support) but he's been MIA for about a year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mine went in Midleton, East Cork last night, back briefly around midnight and gone again. Back on this morning, but router showing connection speed of 1632Kb/512Kb, when I should be on 7.6 down

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sheridan wrote: »
    I don't think they have customer support staff left! A guy called Carl Stinson used to post very helpfully on the newsgroup (utv.support) but he's been MIA for about a year.

MIA? Carl used replied mostly to DNS complaints on the newsgroup which in itself was dead.

UTV offer a limited support opening period and based around the UK calendar. Their service can be very hit and miss. Back home now and its a little all over the shop speed wise on most sites.

Its back for me now and working as normal. Speeds up to their usual as well. Communication is not UTV's forte is it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Like other UTV Internet users I was offline from 10pm last night until sometime this morning. It was not a DNS problem as my DSL router was not receiving an IP address at all.

A useful desktop shortcut to check the router status: right click on desktop and select New > Shortcut. Paste in 'http://username(colon)password@router's IP address' and give it a title such as 'Router Login'.

Eg: 'http://admin(colon)password@192.168.1.254' for Eircom routers (Default IP) or http://admin(colon)password@192.168.1.254/indexExptRES.htm?homeRES.htm for Eircom Netopia Routers to go straight to Expert Mode. Substitute your own settings as appropriate. If your router has no password set (not recommended) you can leave out the 'admin(colon)password@' bit.

Another useful desktop shortcut to check your IP address and ping Eircom:
    'http//c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all && ping www.eircom.net'
    This first checks if you are connected to your own router (Internet Gateway) and what your IP details are, then pings Eircom to check outside connectivity. Last night I knew that my internal network was fine but as the Ping failed I then used the first shortcut to find out I had no external IP address.

Hope this helps for future outages :) To be fair, UTV Internet are rarely down these days, at least not here in Kildare! You could also add (in place of the Secondary DNS in your router) the following: 208.67.222.222 - resolver1.opendns.com, so that if your Primary DNS is offline the Secondary one should kick in and you may not even know your ISP is having DNS problems. PS:cannot get the colon symbol working so using (colon) in its place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

mines back, but slow with some sites.

as it was said it rarely goes down , i can't remember the last time it went down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I don't know if this is connected but I noticed my ping on servers was much more than normal last night on U.TV internet. Usually around 60-90 was 200 last night. Are the extra hops still in place? I'm not at home so can't check myself.

Rgds
    X

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Narrowback

Xcellor wrote: »
    I don't know if this is connected but I noticed my ping on servers was much more than normal last night on U.TV internet. Usually around 60-90 was 200 last night. Are the extra hops still in place? I'm not at home so can't check myself.

Rgds
    X

Everything looks the same as it did yesterday. Again, maybe this is the normal tracert to u.tv from Bray. I don't know because I haven't checked in a couple of years, at least.
    C:\>tracert 194.46.8.120

Tracing route to u.tv [194.46.8.120]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.routerlogin.com
    2 83 ms 50 ms 50 ms 194.46.193.66
    3 49 ms 62 ms 50 ms 193.95.145.27
    4 107 ms 49 ms 46 ms vlan74.sw002.cwt.esat.net [193.95.130.225]
    5 47 ms 105 ms 47 ms ge1-1.br003.cwt.esat.net [193.95.131.57]
    6 48 ms 48 ms 48 ms xe-0-1-0-104.dub20.ip4.tinet.net [213.200.67.253
    ]
    7 61 ms 97 ms 57 ms xe-5-1-0.lon10.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.187.25]
    8 59 ms 58 ms 92 ms 77.67.72.138
    9 61 ms 59 ms 59 ms ge-5-0-0.dcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.25.2]
    10 65 ms 66 ms 67 ms so-0-0-0-ycr1.mcr.cw.net [166.63.163.226]
    11 66 ms 66 ms 109 ms ae0-ycr2.mcr.cw.net [208.175.252.6]
    12 75 ms 76 ms 73 ms utv.mcr.cw.net [208.175.252.86]
    13 72 ms * * gi5-2.bel-6509-01.belfast.uk.core.u.tv [194.46.1
    .102]
    14 74 ms 74 ms 73 ms u.tv [194.46.8.120]

Trace complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

It's down for me again tonight , dunshaughlin area. Anyone else experiencing this ?? :( I hope this isnt gonna continue happening... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

Yep, was down when I came upstairs about half an hour ago. Just came back. North Dublin area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement