Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hope Springs Journal

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 hopesprings41

Wednesday 5th August

4 mile run (before work)
    50 minute cycle in the evening

100 press up challenge

Weights
    Lunge 3 sets of 12
    Calf Raise 3 sets of 24
    Squat 3 sets of 12
    Deadlifts 3 sets of 12
    The Blood on the Barbell Complex, 1 round of 10 reps ... wrecked after doing this.

Diet
    This is probably fairly typical for me at this stage ... breakfast cereal and toast, mid morning banana and a handful of nuts, lunch chicken salad wrap (contained coleslaw :eek:), 6 pringles 2 figroll biscuits, afternoon green apple, dinner roast beef mashed potatoes carrots sundry other veg, during the evening i had 2 slices wholemeal bread.

Thursday 6th August

21K cycle to an from work, I was up late last night, too exhausted to do anymore exercise.

I'm afraid dinner time proved to be a bit of a car crash, pizza and garlic bread are two sample offences.

I'm going to Dublin for the weekend to a stag night so this is certainly a sticky wicket I'm playing off at the moment, I'll do my best - hoping to post "progress" pics tomorrow, and see where I go from there.

Friday 7th August

Standing Military Press 4 sets of 8
    Barbell Curl supersetted with Tricep Extensions on chair 3 sets of 12
    Arnold Dumbell Press 3 sets of 8
    Front Lateral Raise (Dumbells) 3 sets of 8
    Side Lateral Raise (Dumbells) 3 sets of 8

Saturday 8th August

Weigh In : 86.8 kilograms (13 stone 9)

This is the second week in a row that I haven't lost any weight. I'm disappointed and I'm also a bit confused, I don't know what the problem is.

I've posted my poorly named "progress" pics below, because between the start and the finish there doesn't appear to have been any progress, which is very disheartening. I feel like giving up, but I'm not going to give up, I'm going to plough on for another while at least. I want to try to discover how to do this properly.

I am lifting weights, all compound exercises, not heavy but as much as I can manage at the moment and I'm making progress all the time. I'm also doing as much cardio as I can manage to fit in, so this leads me to the conclusion that my diet may not be as good as I am convincing myself it is.

Anyway I'm plugging on. People say only a fool expects to repeat something over and over again and see different results. So I'm going to make changes to my diet, I'm leaving my exercise routine as it is but I'm going to attack my diet and try to clean it up more than I already have.
    Another 4 weeks, I'll see how I get on.

picture.php?albumid=711&pictureid=3633

picture.php?albumid=711&pictureid=3634

Sunday 9th August

The Stag "night" continues, all out to Croke Park to see Waterford put up a good scrap, I'd say this Waterford thing will go on for a few years yet !!

Monday 10th August

Still recovering, the most exercise I could manage was mowing the lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Post your daily diet in full OP - diet is prob the big offender here.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Post your daily diet in full OP - diet is prob the big offender here.

ULstudent,
    Will do, I haven't been keeping a detailed food log, I will start from today.

Tuesday 11th August

21K cycle to and from work

Standing Military Press 3 sets of 10
    Barbell Curl supersetted with tricep extensions 3 sets of 8/16
    Side Lateral Raise (Dumbells) 3 sets of 10
    Arnold Dumbell Press 3 sets of 10
    Front Lateral Raise (Dumbells) 3 sets of 10

Wednesday 12th August

21K cycle to and from work