Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Creeped Out

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

was out tonight with a few friends in a local pub having a couple of pints. anyways we were just getting ready to leave and i was picking up my jacket. it was kinda stuck under a cushion on one of the chairs and the cushion got pulled up. i found a passport under the cushion.... so i opened up the passport to see who it was, expecting to just hand it up at the bar. turns out the passport belonged to a friend of mine who was with us there. but the weird thing is that he lost his passport about 2 months ago and had since had his passport re-issued.

the weird thing is we havent been into this bar in about a month and he had no idea where he had lost his passport. supposedly this bar/hotel is haunted by the ghosts of the founders and former owners of the land...and the certain corner we were sitting in is a hotbed of activity like chairs randomly moving around and strange shadows being seen. we have never sat in this corner before...

now normally im a bit of a skeptic about stuff like this! but this has got me totally creeped out and i just felt like sharing with you guys. im also interested in what you have to say on the matter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Well, it's a helpful ghost.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

He lost it two months ago, didn't know where, hadn't been to a place in a month and then found it. At least he knows it wasn't stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

DTrotter wrote: »
    He lost it two months ago, didn't know where, hadn't been to a place in a month and then found it. At least he knows it wasn't stolen.

well thats the thing...more than anything he was just happy that he found it...although it does'nt really matter now that he has his new one...it was just so odd and creepy that it had me thinking...especially because, as i said, the corner were we found it is actually known for strange activities...like chairs moving and strange shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

someone stole it, went to that pub, realised they didnt want it anymore, 'hid' it under the cushion, BIG coincidence that you found it...solved!!!

just ask me, lol !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Could someone have been playing a joke on him??? or could he have been playing a joke on you, say if he genuinely lost it and then found it after getting it reissued then figure "yeah wind the lads up"?

Assuming it's not that then no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

i like the way you think gillo..

Gillo wrote: »
    Could someone have been playing a joke on him??? or could he have been playing a joke on you, say if he genuinely lost it and then found it after getting it reissued then figure "yeah wind the lads up"?

Assuming it's not that then no idea.

thats definitely not the situation...i know this because he is possibly the worst liar i have ever met in my life and he was genuinely shocked and a little bit weirded out by the whole situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

you said ye never sat in that "hot bed" of activity area before. had your friend not sat there two months earlier? or was it in another part of the bar?

you said ye never sat in that "hot bed" of activity area before. had your friend not sat there two months earlier? or was it in another part of the bar?

nah we always sit in a different part of the bar when we go in there...i know its more likely that the chairs were just moved around...i just find it a little spooky the way it all came together

I hear lots of little storys like that around Ireland without putting a dampner on everything i think its just down to the fact Ireland is a small place and its a local pub . Just luck i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Regardless of the explanation (and I havent a clue on that) its a great story. :)

I hear lots of little storys like that around Ireland without putting a dampner on everything i think its just down to the fact Ireland is a small place and its a local pub . Just luck i guess.

but like this isnt just some small, local pub...this is the bar of a huge hotel...which is linked to one of the best golf courses in Dublin...so its not like its some quaint little pub...and the fact that its probably the least visited of our 10 or 11 local bars is what makes it a little weirder...he didnt even know where he had lost it

Advertisement