Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

message "Unit registered to someone else"

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

As I try to download my Garmin nuvi660 2010 map upgrade - paid for by mastercard immediately - I get the above message - I can go no further. Purchased in sealed box some 2yrs ago. Cannot understand the message as I am the sole owner. (Worried for my 80euro! ) Sorry now I did'nt go to agent as I feel I may have got better service even if a little dearer than on line to Garmin directly. Must ph " mysatnav " first thing tomorrow (Monday). This happen to anybody else I wonder? Michael r ps I bought the one-off map update offer - before checking on the price of the forever offer!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ronan.michael@g

As I try to download my Garmin nuvi660 2010 map upgrade - paid for by mastercard immediately - I get the above message - I can go no further. Purchased in sealed box some 2yrs ago. Cannot understand the message as I am the sole owner. (Worried for my 80euro! ) Sorry now I did'nt go to agent as I feel I may have got better service even if a little dearer than on line to Garmin directly. Must ph " mysatnav " first thing tomorrow (Monday). This happen to anybody else I wonder? Michael r ps I bought the one-off map update offer - before checking on the price of the forever offer!!

My mistake - thought I had registered my Garmin660 two years ago - did'nt!! Did so now and alls well. Am disappointed with the 2010 map upgrade as 78 houses beside me - built about 30yrs ago - are still NOT included! So much for Garmin mapping - don't fully trust any maps now. Where should I complain I wonder? Michael r.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

So much for Garmin mapping - don't fully trust any maps now. Where should I complain I wonder? Michael r.

Garmin maps are provided by Navteq, it takes about 2-3 years for a submission by you to make it into the maps provided by Garmin, that's what I found anyway in relation to the Esso filling station at Windsor Motors in Deans Grange which closed several years ago, the Nissan dealership is still there but they stopped selling petrol years ago. Someone from Esso Ireland obviously provided Navteq with the original data but nobody ever thought to do yearly updates, ditto with Shell and Texaco.

On the 2010 Garmin maps the Toyota/Lexus dealer Carroll & Kinsella on the roock road in Dublin has mysteriously relocated to Kill Lane, midway up the hill between DeansGrange cross and Bakers Corner, I don't know how they managed this as the garage is clearly labelled Carroll & Kinsella (Blackrock) and has never moved from it's location on the rock road roughly opposite the Tara Towers.

Advertisement