Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #2 :: 29th June to 5th of July 2009.

• 13-07-2009 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

2279669195C74C4F8D2AEFD350EBD175-800.jpg

By: Inibaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

well done Inibaz - a cracking good shot! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great shot.
    Where did this thread come from? and how is it decided?

Tallon wrote: »
    Great shot.

It came from the spendid ideas thread - towards the end the mechanism of selection is covered.

As usually, very helpful ACD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Great shot.

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nice shot.
    Wish I could do those :o

vectra wrote: »
    Nice shot.
    Wish I could do those :o

Why can't you? They are very easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Just an idea related to this idea

If possable could we get the person who took the winning shot to post there setup and what/ how they took the shot
    ie camera settings, tripod etc etc

maybe a PM to inform the person that their photo has been picked and then they can post their setup

I know myself I see alot of photos here but have always wanted to know how and what settings where used to take the photo

Thats the thing
    Whats easy for you (as you have the knowledge) is hard for others who may not know what to do (or what to google)

BH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I suppose
    "Time is a great healer"

Practice...Practice...
    and Practice..
    I know I get the idea :D

Meet up with any of us on here and i'm sure someone will show you how

• Advertisement

babyhack wrote: »
    Just an idea related to this idea

If possable could we get the person who took the winning shot to post there setup and what/ how they took the shot

maybe a PM to inform the person that their photo has been picked and then they can post their setup

I know myself I see alot of photos here but have always wanted to know how and what settings where used to take the photo

Thats the thing
    Whats easy for you (as you have the knowledge) is hard for others who may not know what to do (or what to google)

BH

It would obviously be up to the individual to post a "How I did That" response and not obligatory on them but I'm already sending the courtesy pm, so I'll include a line about having the option of "How I Did That" response.

In the case of this particular type of shot Inibaz has contributed to this thread on the subject recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

babyhack wrote: »

You can see all the information about the shot if you click on it, it will take you to pix.ie and if you click on additional information on the left hand side it tells you everything, focal lengh, camera, software etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

and great shot to win this week, well done:)

Thanks everyone :) Sorry for the late reply,I only got a chance to login now.

As Crispin says the EXIF data is on pix.ie,no processing was done except for some contrast and a crop.
    Camera Model Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
    Exposure 30 sec
    F-Number f8
    Focal Length 20 mm
    Exposure Bias 0
    ISO Speed ISO-200

These kind of shots are really very easy to take,you just have to be in the right place at the right time.The important thing is to experiment with the aperture and the shutter speed so the light pollution is at a minimum.Unfortunately I rushed my shots a bit and just kept firing off 30 second exposures without any thought of light pollution! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks everyone :) Sorry for the late reply,I only got a chance to login now.

As Crispin says the EXIF data is on pix.ie,no processing was done except for some contrast and a crop.

These kind of shots are really very easy to take,you just have to be in the right place at the right time.The important thing is to experiment with the aperture and the shutter speed so the light pollution is at a minimum.Unfortunately I rushed my shots a bit and just kept firing off 30 second exposures without any thought of light pollution! :)

Sorry for going wildly OT but the comment about being in the right place at the right time brought this to mind, might be interesting to some.

Great shot BTW, it's just kickstarted my wanderlust again..........

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Is it only me who cant see Inibaz's pic ? :(

Daz R1 wrote: »
    Is it only me who cant see Inibaz's pic ? :(

Yeah.
    its the first post on this thread

Advertisement