Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS & Wanted: Bike Parts, Components, Accesories etc

Options
  • 13-07-2009 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Right so, here we go! Haha, I've a good few bits and pieces lying around which I no longer have any need/use for but hopefully someone around here will (doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them!). If you are even the tiniest bit interested in anything please do not hesitate to contact me, we can always work something out to suit both of us (even if it involves combining items and doing a multiple purchase discount!)

I put up a gallery of all the things for sale (except the chain!) on a Flickr album here for all of you to see nice big pictures! I hope you like them ;)

No reasonable offers will be rejected, but please don't make any ridiculously low offers that you know are unfair! Thanks in advance

NOTE: Click on the item title to see a quick preview photo, and at the end of each item description there is a link to the Adverts.ie listing ("LINK") and a link to the flickr gallery for larger pictures ("....pictures")

1. This saddle is a fi'zi:k Arione Wing Flex, a lightweight racing saddle at only 250 grams. Despite the low weight, it still has an adequate amount of padding. It has easily become the most popular saddle choice in the Pro-Tour peleton, so it is definitely good enough for you. Part of the reason for this is because of the revolutionary Wing Flex technology developed by Fizik, which allows the shell of the saddle to transform with each pedal stroke providing you with maximum comfort and optimum power output. The flat design allows you to easily slide forward and back depending on your position (on the tops, huds or deep in the drops) and also the effort you are putting in. This saddle features Fizik's modern I.C.S (integrated clip system) which allows lights/saddle bags to be attached into the rear of the saddle quickly, easily and more importantly securely. The condition of this saddle is excellent, even the millimeter markings on the rails of the saddle are intact (usually the first thing to get worn on saddles). Looking at it, you could hardly tell it has been used and it proves to be a very durable saddle. I am only selling this saddle because I want to get a different colour for my new bike, so all I want is some money to put towards the new saddle (not that it will even come close because the cost for them new is around €120 !!!) I'll ask for €50 for this, any lower than this and I might as well keep it for the other bike. No ridiculous offers please.....pictures

2. SRAM PC 971 Chain - This is brand new and never used, bought it as a spare for my old bike which is 9 speed but now my new bike is 10 speed so I no longer have any use for it! It comes with a quicklink and I will throw in a few spare SRAM Powerlink connectors if you want. These are very good chains, I always used to like them anyway! They are €25 or more to buy so I think €15 is a reasonable price to ask for it considering it is exactly the same (condition wise, it's never been used!) as the one you would buy in the shop, just much better value at €10 cheaper! Link....pictures

3. Blackburn Chicane Bottle Cages (Pair) - These have been used but are in a like new condition, you would hardly notice the difference. They are a lovely cage and one of the most versatile and functional around. Their delicate looks are deceiving in a way, as these are very durable robust cages made of Stainless Steel which will never rust, break or scuff your bottles. Lighter than most cages at just 41 grams but much stronger due to the 4.2mm stainless steel tubing.It also holds water bottles up to 828 ml/28 oz and I must say they look very nice indeed, I just decided to go with the all-carbon look to match my new bike! I will throw in as many bottle cage bolts as you like, €15 for the pair (incl bolts) o.n.o. Link....pictures

4. Shimano PD-R540 Clipless Road Pedals - these have been used and show the usual signs of wear and tear, a few scratches and scuffs, worn lettering stickers etc but nothing at all serious! You would be amazed at how smooth the bearings are in these, really nice! I am only selling them because I put some Look pedals on my race bike and will change to Look pedals on my other bikes too for cross compatibility with cleats. That reminds me, these pedals will come with a fairly new set of Yellow Shimano SH-11 6 degree float cleats and mounting hardware (worth a good bit themselves). These would be ideal for a beginner cyclist looking for something cheap and a good bargain, or even for the racer who is just looking to change for something different. They are lightweight too at just 165g each, thats only 10g heavier than the Ultegra model @ €150 and 25g heavier than the top of the range Dura-Ace model @ €200. €30 seems like a fair price for these pedals, very good value I feel at this. Link....pictures

NOTE: Anyone who has Look Keo style Pedals, we could swap or I might just buy them off you! Let me know, cheers.

5. Shimano Dura-Ace 53t Chainring - Made for the outer chainring on a Double chainset (Shimano B-Type). I am only selling this because Junior earing regulations only allow 52/14 as the largest gear, so this is in excellent condition and no wear visibale at all (no shark-tooth shaped teeth you get on well used chainring). It had only seen very little use (less than 1,000km and they say you can get over 10,000km out of them if not more) so there is a lot of life left in it still. The cheapest I can find this online at the moment is over €100, so unless I can get around €50 or more for it I might as well keep it until the gearing regulations no longer apply to me! Link....pictures

6. X-Tools Chain Whip: I bought this chain-whip and only went to use it for the first time the other day. It turns out it doesn't work properly on the narrow 10 - speed cassettes and is more suited to 8 or 9 speeds. This is basically new as I only cut the zip-ties to remove it from the packaging. I will let it go for just €5, which will go towards buying a 10 speed one for myself! Link....pictures

7. Multifunction Bike Tool (never used) - never leave home without one of these. You must be mad if you don't already have one of these living in your saddle bag. I has every single possible tool you could possibly need to fix your bike (either at home or out on the road), more than most I have ever seen (too many for me to list out here!). The nice thing is that it that it separates into to handy size pieces and folds down into handy carry pouch which has a belt loop if you would prefer not to have it in a saddle bag. Includes tyre levers (and I'll throw in a patch kit if you want), just €10 for the whole lot. Link....pictures

8. Giant 90mm A5 Stem - This is basically brand new, as I took it off my MTB day one and swapped it out for a longer one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, excellent condition. It has a small 6 degree bend to either raise or lower your hand position, whichever your preference is (hence the 2 inverted/mirrored logos so it looks right whichever way you put it!) I can throw in a few 5mm and 10mm headset spacers if you want, I'll ask for just €10 for the lot. Link....pictures

I am based in Limerick, however I can post to anywhere in Ireland if you pay by PayPal. Even better still, I am constantly traveling all over the country and can usually arrange to meet up somewhere that suits both of us. I am sure we can come to some agreement, so just let me know if you are interested in any way at all! If you are interested in a few things, we can put them altogether and do a little multiple purchase bundle deal if you know what I mean, haha! Cheers
    Hey mods, I see the rule about posting either here or in adverts, one or the other not both but I see many people who are advertising here with a link to Adverts.ie and there seems to be nothing wrong with it! Maybe it is just being overlooked for the moment, if not let me know and I will sort it out asap (no need to ban me or anything, I don't mean to do anything wrong! Note how I left out the pictures and just put in a link instead, that way they can either choose to look at them if they wish or not, they choice is theirs!) Cheers
    I WANT:

• Look Keo Pedals (anything: classic, sprint, carbon etc)
    • Double Padded Wheelbag (similar to this or anything with protective padding and a shoulder strap)
    • Selle SMP Composite Saddle
    • Light-weight Skewers (something like these)
    • White Dura-Ace 7800 Hudz
    • Swissstop Yellow Brake Pads (for Carbon Rims)
    • Tufo Extreme (Tubular Gluing Tape)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'll take the multitool for 10 euros if you are passing the raheen industrial estate in limerick any time during working hours some day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Hi guys most of the bits sold over here on Adverts.ie except for the Blackburn Chicane Bottle Cages which are the last thing left (I have decided to keep the Dura Ace chainring for when I am not a Junior anymore!). Same thing goes for the Fizik Arione saddle sold on Adverts.ie.

However, I am still looking for any time of Look Keo pedals (it doesn't matter what style or condition they are in because it's only for my spare/winter training bike, as long as they use the same look keo cleats as my new Sprint pedals.

I was originally looking for a Double padded wheelbag like this but now I am considering getting a triple due to the fact that I will soon be getting one of the Thule Outride 561 roofounted carriers which requirs the front wheel to be removed. Something like this or this looks good (anyone know is there any difference other than the year and the colouring/lettering? Is there much padding on the DT Swiss wheelbags?). I could go for a double wheelbag like before and just get and extra single bag for the removed wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciatd cheers!

Advertisement