Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in the IFSC

Options
  • 13-07-2009 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I read the charter and there is a section about discussing areas.
    But I do know hope the mods can allow this.

Looking for a place to move in the two weeks.
    And from working in the IFSC, it didn't initially occur to me to rent in the IFSC but it's an option.

Rents seem high! But with me and a friend, realy it's not more expensive then other areas that I've checked. And rent can be haggled I suppose.

I know the area from office hours.
    But what's it like after that? A ghost town? Unsafe even?
    Any advice appreciated. :)

I did a search, last thread from 2006 so maybe more posters have lived in the area since then?
    I'm well aware of the surrounding areas and the early morning Luas construction work, just looking for any advice at all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

First off thanks for reading the forum charter.

We've become fairly relaxed on discussing the pro's and con's of various area's and just hope people have a little cop-on.

In regards to the IFSC, its fine both day and night.

The only I'd have some concern about is the area of Sheriff St, Oriel St & the avenue's.

Other than that you've only to worry about the usual concern's re. apartment living - thieft from post boxes and car parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Both the DART and Luas go more or less to the IFSC so places close to stops on either of these would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinBhoyJoe

First off thanks for reading the forum charter.

We've become fairly relaxed on discussing the pro's and con's of various area's and just hope people have a little cop-on.

In regards to the IFSC, its fine both day and night.

The only I'd have some concern about is the area of Sheriff St, Oriel St & the avenue's.

Other than that you've only to worry about the usual concern's re. apartment living - thieft from post boxes and car parks.

What concerns are you talking about

I have major concerns about some of the appartments in the IFSC, These concerns relate to appartments that are used as brotels,

Advertisement