Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to transfer DLC to a memory unit?

• 13-07-2009 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I wanted to ask if its possible to transfer DLC to a memory unit and use it another xbox. Reason why I'm asking is because I don't have broadband so I was thinking of downloading it from a friend's house then transfer it onto my xbox. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Hi all. I wanted to ask if its possible to transfer DLC to a memory unit and use it another xbox. Reason why I'm asking is because I don't have broadband so I was thinking of downloading it from a friend's house then transfer it onto my xbox. Thanks.

yep its possible.if you bring your hard drive to your friend's house and sign in on your Live account, anything you download will be saved to your hard drive...and when you plug that back into your own xbox, all the DLC will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 agriffin

yes kev_s88 it will be their but wont work. It would show as a trial when he put hard drive back on his own xbox

you'll have to bring your Xbox to your friends house. DLC is locked to the xbox it was bought on.
    If you bought it on your friends xbox with your gamertag you would only be able to play it on your xbox if you are signed into xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, yeah, I'd buy it on my own live account but what I'm asking is it possible to transfer DLC to my memory unit then transfer it to my xbox HDD via my memory unit along with my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

agriffin wrote: »
    yes kev_s88 it will be their but wont work. It would show as a trial when he put hard drive back on his own xbox

you'll have to bring your Xbox to your friends house. DLC is locked to the xbox it was bought on.
    If you bought it on your friends xbox with your gamertag you would only be able to play it on your xbox if you are signed into xbox live.

It is not locked to an xbox but gamertag. But downloaded dlc (or any other dl'd content) is locked to the xbox it was downloaded on.

You have to bring you Xbox with you, HDD or mem card is not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well i know with downloading games and stuff it is possible to play them on another xbox with your HDD drive plugged in because ive been doing it with Bomberman for the last couple of weeks lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

docentore wrote: »
    It is not locked to an xbox but gamertag. But downloaded dlc (or any other dl'd content) is locked to the xbox it was downloaded on.

You have to bring you Xbox with you, HDD or mem card is not enough.

I was in this situation with DLC. you must bring your Xbox and download the stuff there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've often got dlc on my own xbox and then used the hard drive in a different xbox and played the dlc. I'm always signed in to xbox live on the other xbox though so I don't know for sure if the dlc would work when you're not signed in.

Advertisement