Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Starter Road Bike

Options
  • 13-07-2009 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move off my MTB and get a light road bike. Nothing too flash but would like solid wheels, terrain not great where I am.

Only cycling 50-75 km's a week at the moment and want to push it up a bit before the end of the end of the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Suggest you specify a budget or more detailed specification.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

WOuld under €400 be too limiting

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

WOuld under €400 be too limiting

Nope, that's about right for a decent used starter bike (which might be €700 new).

Great, now where can I get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Check adverts.ie and gumtree.ie, though most second had bikes become available in the autumn/end of summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭123donalo

Im in Kerry and selling my 7 month old giant fcr3 if interested. was looking for €450 though as it has been very well looked after.

Thanks 123 but now going for a new bike as I can go through the cycle to work scheme.

Advertisement