Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An alternative to FF Tubridy between 9am-10am?

• 13-07-2009 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Just cant stand the fuppet. Tried switching to Newstalk today, but Tom Dunne was talking to some eegit about getting old. It was about as entertaining as getting old. Not mad on D'arcy either.

I like the political stuff, is there anything else on another station that someone could recommend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

The morning crew on 98FM or Strawberry alarm clock on FM104?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Just cant stand the fuppet. Tried switching to Newstalk today, but Tom Dunne was talking to some eegit about getting old. It was about as entertaining as getting old. Not mad on D'arcy either.

I like the political stuff, is there anything else on another station that someone could recommend.

Where are you located?

Are you in a car?

Are you near the net?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just switch over to Gerry Ryan for a few minutes. Then switch back. Tubridy, D'arcy, etc won't seem so bad anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

You could try BBC Radio 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I've switched to local radio (Kerry) 9 -11am, good presenter (John Greene) great voice.
    It's mostly local stuff but it's better than any of the national stations offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

In Dublin you could try Dublins Talking on Country Mix or East Coast or KFM's morning talk shows. Other than that there is not a lot of politics between 9-10am. It was always known as the school run hour and hence pitched at housewives who wouldnt be interested in politics of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

4fm is alrite, wide variety of music and a bit of sensible chat but not too much

its jimmy greely thats on between 9 - 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

In kildare lads, working from home most days. Access to Internet and normal wireless :-)

Like the talk shows more, not so much the music shows. Will try Greely, lest I drive up and shoot that Fianna Fail bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

luder wrote: »
    4fm is alrite, wide variety of music and a bit of sensible chat but not too much

its jimmy greely thats on between 9 - 10

:eek:Jimmy Greely.

Thought he was in a nursing home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

luder wrote: »

its Jimmy Greely thats on between 9 - 10

He is certainly on between 9 and 10 and from 10 to 12!

If you are looking for another talk alternative, you could try "Loose Talk" on LMFM presented by Michael Reade. The few times I heard it I found it to be quite interesting.... admittedly we are talking about 2-and-a-half years since I last heard that program. By the way, the program does not get going until about 9:10 after the death notices!

Access to internet: in that case, you could flick around the country a bit. How about Northern Sound? I remember travelling for work reasons up to Monaghan and Cavan on different occasions and there was definitely chat going on during the mid-morning. Joe Finnegan is on from 9 until 12... probably have to wait for death notices!

For the benefit of the smarty pants wondering if Jimmy was in a home, he was with 98FM, mainly as a newsreader, for about fifteen years before joining 4FM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Was just going to suggest Loose Talk myself...don't know if you can get LMFM in Kildare though (I've got it loud and clear in west Dublin a few times). Mix of national/local politics, local issues, anti foreigner/government/banker texts and eMails and some good guests and debates. Once you get past the radio bingo and the deaths it's not a bad way to pass 2 hours...
    It's either that or any of BBC's 1, 2 or 4 for me at that time...the nationals at that time are f*cking deplorable to any right minded listener...

Advertisement