Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick bit of help

• 13-07-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Right,I've been told about a person looking for a (student)photographer for a wedding near me in September,He requires 200-250 images on a CD and it will be paid,I'm not to sure about this due to my lenses,I've got my 1D MKII and a sigma 20-40 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 ,Do you think they'll be OK for it?

My only issue is I used a 50mm f/1.8 for the family one I shot,And I recently sold that as I'm planning to buy a 85mm f/1.8,I won't be able to get this before the wedding so should I still enquire about it anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

You can use my 50mm 1.8 if you want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kjt wrote: »
    You can use my 50mm 1.8 if you want...

Thanks for that,

I may drop you a pm nearer to it depending on what happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Go for it.

What you are missing is something that the 50 would sit firmly in the middle of, that is the 20 - 80 range (or something close). Apart from the fine offer you have on thread of the assistance, at worst case scenario and as it would be a paid expedition, you could rent a lens for the day if you were stuck.

Also, you might find the guy/girl who you are inquiring about also shoots canon and would gladly loan you a suitable lens on the day if you explain your concern to him.

The only other thought is do you still have the 350D / 450D (IIRC)? It would be nice to have for the day - not a necessity but nice all the same.

How are you for external flash / strobe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Go for it.

What you are missing is something that the 50 would sit firmly in the middle of, that is the 20 - 80 range (or something close). Apart from the fine offer you have on thread of the assistance, at worst case scenario and as it would be a paid expedition, you could rent a lens for the day if you were stuck.

Also, you might find the guy/girl who you are inquiring about also shoots canon and would gladly loan you a suitable lens on the day if you explain your concern to him.

The only other thought is do you still have the 350D / 450D (IIRC)? It would be nice to have for the day - not a necessity but nice all the same.

How are you for external flash / strobe?
    I used to have a 300D and a 20D but sold them both to fund the new camera :pac:

I've got a 430ex flash anyway,Should be fine for it.

Thanks for the offers all :)

Advertisement