Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go camping?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im hoping some of you can give me some ideas of where to go camping.
    Last year about 10 of us went and found a great spot at glenmalure, the tree cover was thick, there was lots of firewood and a small stream near us.

It was perfect but one of the lads went to check it out for this years trip and said it looks like someone emptied a bin truck all over the place! :mad::mad:

Has anyone any suggestions of where we can go this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Camping for free, or not for free (with facilities nearby)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

100% no facilities near by, we dont want to be at an actual campsite.

We just wanna chill out, cook some food on an open fire, drink and sing songs without bothering anyone and without us getting crap for having a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.loughkey.ie/

Sure, it's a camp site, but I've seen people camping not in the "main" campsite.

Sadly, most of the places i went camping where there were little or no facitlities for miles were scout campsites :P inaccesible to non-scout people.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Looking for advise on camping on Inch Beach near Dingle with a family. We would be adopting a "Leave No Trace" policy, which means a camp-fire might be out of the question unfortunately. Does the Co. Council impose restrictions here ? We would be driving out the beach, well away from the main road. I heard there's a slim chance they might send someone out to take your Reg # with the possibility of a fine. Any permits available ? Do you have any other recommendations for camp-sites in the Dingle area (i.e. God's Country).

Advertisement