Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT: Internet Usage Now Monitored

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

So I got a letter this morning. I haven't read it yet but someone else in the house did.

Apparently it is saying something like my BT usage is being monitored as I am being unfair to other users.

What does all this mean?

I'm glad they are starting to monitor it for me. Because their normal BT usage calculator sucks. :D

Also I'm on the highest home package with the "unlimted" package. Which I know is limited to 3gigs a day. So on average I try to keep it to that. So on a rolling 30days I usually come around 100gis give or take 10gigs.

I have to go unplug the X-box then and get everyone in the house to start using the neighbours wireless. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So I got a letter this morning. I haven't read it yet but someone else in the house did.

Apparently it is saying something like my BT usage is being monitored as I am being unfair to other users.

What does all this mean?

I would suggest you read it before asking, as it'll probably answer your questions better than anyone else's guessing.

There's nothing new here, BT have been monitoring download quotas for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Well I rang BT anyway. Got through pretty quickly considering they were busy.

I was told they have a new monitoring system that they are just starting to work with now. Pretty much involves sending out letters at the moment if a user is going above their 30 day rolling limit.

But the guy from BT said there is nothing wrong with my usage when he checked it. Said I hadn't even gone above 30gigs but then again he can't see what the full 30 rolling days was like so really he doesn't know what he was talking about.

He then said if I got throttled already then I won't get throttled again and I'll just get the letter sent out to warn me I'm breaking the fair usage policy. I'm tempted to test this..or does anyone know if he is just spoofing?

Advertisement