Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplex Floor Movement

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all, i've a duplex appartment in the Grove. It's from the first phase before the builder reverted back to concrete between the ground-floor appts. and the duplexes. I've put a wooden floor downstairs but there's a lot of movement in it and it creaks a lot. I was thinking of tearing the whole thing up and pouring a screed (easyscreed) and then putting a new wooden floor down. Has anyone any experience of this and do they think it will work? Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

If there isn't enough gap between the wall and the flooring then it will creak and raise up...

Depending on the size of the room and flooring used, you need 5mm gap all the way round the room..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Skelly88

If there isn't enough gap between the wall and the flooring then it will creak and raise up...

Depending on the size of the room and flooring used, you need 5mm gap all the way round the room..
    To be honest Welsh Wizard, I don't think it's an expansion problem I've got, it's more down to the spring in the floor. I'm going to look into this screed solution a bit further. Thanks

Advertisement