Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvin Gaye Live in Montreaux 1980

• 13-07-2009 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

125611.jpg

I got this DVD&CD from Amazon a while back and only got round to watching it this weekend. I figured I might as well post up my thoughts on it.

While it's not the amazing quality we've all come to know from Live DVD's lately, it is quite good and certainly of watchable quality. Any minor flaws (mostly in the first song) are overshadowed by the quality of the music and the energy in Marvin & his band. As the show goes on it really heats up and it's apparent that everyone is into it.

Capt_film.jpg

The highlight of the show for me was "Heard It Through The Grapevine" where the transition of the song was tight and well executed... with a funny spoken word part. But, the rest of the songs are also very well played. I really enjoyed watching the DVD and also have listened to the CD several times.

The CD tracklisting is somewhat shorter but still manages to show off some of the best tracks that appear on the DVD. IMO, This set shows off some of Marvin's greatest work, from his early Motown days right through to his later songs. I think it's a must for any Marvin Gaye or even any Motown fan!

For those interested in getting a quick peek at some of the tracks, there are a few on Youtube. link

Advertisement