Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go to Topman on Grafton Street without my friend seeing me?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Basically its my friends birthday soon, and I want to get him something from Topman

We will be going up to Dublin for the day someday soon, and I plan to bring him to Topman, take note of what he likes etc and somehow sneakily run back during the day and get him whatever it is.

However, I dont know how I'm going to do this! I was thinking of leaving him in HMV on Grafton Street and saying I have to run back up to Awear or something and I'll be back in a minute, but as Topman is opposite HMV he will almost certainly see me!

I can always get whatever it is off the website if all else fails, but I would rather get it in the shop as website ends up costing more paying for delivery and stuff.

Any ideas? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Leave him to Tower records instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭smileyxx

WindSock wrote: »

Sorry wherabouts is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Leave him in Bruxells having a pint sure he won't be arsed where your going then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭smileyxx

TheBlock wrote: »
    Leave him in Bruxells having a pint sure he won't be arsed where your going then.

Shame we're both 16 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

smileyxx wrote: »
    Shame we're both 16 :P

Leave him in Stephens green having a few cans with the winos he won't be arsed where your going then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

leave him somewhere and say you're going top macdonalds for a macshytes with lies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

WindSock wrote: »

It's down the other end of Grafton Street. Off a side street opposite Brown Thomas called Wicklow street. You won't miss it, it has a big yellow and red shop front.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

HMV is huge, bring him up to the DVDs or down to the games then say you have to run to the bathroom in McDonalds or something. I doubt he'd follow or ask any toher questions then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Won't he be a bit suspicious when you come back with a Top Man bag?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Won't he be a bit suspicious when you come back with a Top Man bag?

And a little disappointed that it's not an Anne Summers' bag?

You could go to Top Shop in the Jervis Center on the Northside and leave him in Dr. Quirkie's. It's an amusement arcade and it's only 5 minutes back to Top Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

humberklog wrote: »
    And a little disappointed that it's not an Anne Summers' bag?

You could go to Top Shop in the Jervis Center on the Northside and leave him in Dr. Quirkie's. It's an amusement arcade and it's only 5 minutes back to Top Man.
    Be careful though OP, your friend may be propositioned by some mature gentlemen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

TheBlock wrote: »

Aagh, you've made me want beer!

I reckon leaving him in Tower is your best bet.
    It's off the main street so he definitely wont see you going to Topman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Topman are the worst sterling/euro thieves there is, their online postage is 5 quid no matter how much you buy, and it gets here in no time.

You'll save money doing it online.

Advertisement