Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

masters in management - UCD (distance learning) or DIT

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

HI,

im looking at this course in UCD (6,750). Its alot of money and wondering what peoples views on the course are? Anyone done it? I find most Masters are around this cost or greater, i like the course content, any experiences from anyone doing it?

also looking at MSc Strategic Management in DIT which is half the cost....what to do!!

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

jon1981 wrote: »

also looking at MSc Strategic Management in DIT which is half the cost....what to do!!

cheers

I've applied to do this part-time based on a friend having completed it the year before. They found it tough, but worthwhile and got a very decent job out of it. The cost was a major factor for me too, and DIT were fairly reasonable (the same course is offered through Trinity for more than twice the price).

As far as I know, they're still taking applications for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

yeah i like the idea of doing it closer to town although im not sure if id prefer the fri/sat option that ucd offers over the tues/thurs option from DIT. tough decision to make on this one. would be good to hear from people who did both, i might talk to DIT and UCD tomorrow about it.

actually decision has been made for me... you need a primary business degree for DIT...i have an engineering degree so its a non runner!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

Hi just looking fir feedback on this course. My boyfriend is non-eu and is looking at this course. It seems the fees are the same got eu and non eu is that correct?? Also is the part time course over 2 years?? Any feedback on the course would be fantastic. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

The course is quite good, and very broad.

I'm not sure on the fees side, maybe contact DIT about it. The part-time is over two years, two evenings a week. They've dropped the saturday classes, but there is a heavy emphasis on group work, so it takes up a lot of time.

I'm sorry I didn't see John's reply below now, and it's probably a little late. My primary degree wasn't in business, it was in science. I asked, and they said it would be grand. It's always worth asking!

Advertisement