Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore restaurant Banyan receives big thumbs up from Irish Independent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

INterestingly she chose the monkfish which I had there on a visit and have to say it was the worst monkfish I have ever tasted!

It would have been well placed in the old Portlaw Tannery!

One can't fault the atmosphere in the place, the new decor is better than Coast (whose best reviews always mentioned the ambience but the food didn't get half the same kudos!)

I am still not convinced having been back a second time but perhaps there is hope!

I do think it is surpassing The Pine Rooms which to me has moved into the realm of high prices for wholesome food. I always thought the attraction of The Pine Rooms was the excellent steaks and seafood, rustic vegatables and all at a very reasonable price! Now the steak is €28 and the value for money has disappeared.

In any event perhaps my poor experiences were a two off and congrats on a great review!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gulamugas

did you complain to them about the monkfish? what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Gulamugas wrote: »
    did you complain to them about the monkfish? what did they say?
    I did complain and in fact we ended up having three main courses taken off the bill as they were very poor!

They were very apologetic but I was very reluctant to go back again and when I did it was certainly better than before but not wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gulamugas

scout353 wrote: »
    I did complain and in fact we ended up having three main courses taken off the bill as they were very poor!

They were very apologetic but I was very reluctant to go back again and when I did it was certainly better than before but not wow!

Well it's good that they acknowledged your dissatisfaction. Some others just don't give a damn.
    It's also good that you complained because many don't.

Advertisement