Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info on landscape architecture?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hey,
    I did landscape arc in ucd last year, but then drop out in a matter of weeks. so, obviously I didn't get a feel for the course. I now know that was a dumb thing to do, & I'm thinking of doing it again.

Any info on it? I hear it's hard getting a job after it, especially now.
    is it also true when you leave college and if you do end up getting a job, not much happens during the winter? a friend told me that...sounds a bit dodgy to me though rolleyes.gif

Love to hear whatever you've got, thanks...

P.S. are there any courses on it apart from in U.C.D?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Graaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Jay1989 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I did landscape arc in ucd last year, but then drop out in a matter of weeks. so, obviously I didn't get a feel for the course. I now know that was a dumb thing to do, & I'm thinking of doing it again.

Any info on it? I hear it's hard getting a job after it, especially now.
    is it also true when you leave college and if you do end up getting a job, not much happens during the winter? a friend told me that...sounds a bit dodgy to me though rolleyes.gif

Love to hear whatever you've got, thanks...

P.S. are there any courses on it apart from in U.C.D?

Like any business engaged in outdoor activities, some might suffer due to weather, but otherwise, a well established co should be capable of working through the winter period. A more recent complication for many LAs and others involved with construction is the dramatic and substantive slowdown in new planning apps etc, with very few new projects starting. The latter is probably a more worrying current trend.

Advertisement