Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in New Zealand (Auckland in particular)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Thanks for the help people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cruisy

Spent 8 months in NZ, 3 months of it in Auckland. Now, I had family there, living in nice part of town (Ponsonby, Herne Bay), so that helped alot, but I have to say I LOVED it. Had friends in the marina too, so spent lots of time on boats, a great way to see north east NZ.. I wouldn't knock Auckland, has some great bars and the marina is a great place to hang out. Also, lovely places to go at weekends if you're working during week like Piha on west coast, less than an hour away (cant remember exactly how far). I worked as a temp for Auckland council and for the Uni, found it easy to get work, but that was 3 years ago - am sure alots' changed. Prepare to leave part of your heart in NZ if you leave. I still talk abotu it and drive people mental. I need a new adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

I need to make some boaty friends that sounds like fun.

Advertisement