Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Broadband

• 13-07-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had an expierence of Munster Broadband. (http://www.munsterbroadband.ie/)

They are new in Limerick, need to change from ICE Broadband urgently.

Regards

Ray Kinsella

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amesab

Hi Ray.
    I know you have our broadband in place now.
    I hope you will like it.
    I work for munster broadband myself so I will not tell it is good, cheap broadband option.
    All what I can tell is I swiched over myself from eircom to Munster Broadband and I would do this again.

If you like we will be happy to see your feedback here or on munster broadband forum

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Indeedy, I am enjoying the Munster Broadband goodness in Murroe.

Watched Diggnation on my tv last night (via my nettop), no pauses to download ... it just worked ... bliss ...

Sent my cancellation notification to ICE today, had to restrain myself to keep myself civil.

Good to hear.
    I use 3 PC's and laptop at home in the same time.
    I am still able to watch youtube and use skype comfortable.
    The wireless router from MBB works perfectly. It is in transparent mode and has good coverage for whole apartment.
    I wach TV online a lot and use my tv just as monitor.
    There is an optionfrom MBB for Voip as well. No craks on the line.
    The best about voip is I can ring cheaper and no line rental;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nickw

Hey Ray,

Send the beer to my house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭thebourke

for the skype would you need the 3mb or the 1mb package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

amesab wrote: »
    .... I use 3 PC's and laptop at home...........for whole apartment.....
    :eek: must be a huge place or are you just pirating all day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I'm considering the move from Ice to Munster Broadband. My big fear is that the service will be just as patchy - I've counted 50 days of service interruptions with Ice since the end of June! Plus I'm loathe to pay another installation fee. How much is MB's install charge? Ta!

boomerang wrote: »
    I'm considering the move from Ice to Munster Broadband. My big fear is that the service will be just as patchy - I've counted 50 days of service interruptions with Ice since the end of June! Plus I'm loathe to pay another installation fee. How much is MB's install charge? Ta!

I am sure it wont heppen. Network is monitored 24h.
    To get more details about packages, charges visit www.munsterbroadband.ie or contact office.
    Installation fee apply only to installs after site survey. If Mbb technician will not get good signal he wont install radio on your roof.
    Munster broadband is not new company. Over the years MBB was providing broadband to business companies. It was important to deliver good quality service cause service callouts cost money.
    Now it is very same. Unhappy customer will talk to community.
    I cant find posts from unhappy customers for now.

It is better to use 3/1 Mb service. For skype uploud is important.
    However 1mb connection is enough. It is always possible to change package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

MDR wrote: »
    Has anyone had an expierence of Munster Broadband. (http://www.munsterbroadband.ie/)

They are new in Limerick, need to change from ICE Broadband urgently.

Regards

Ray Kinsella

Hi Ray,

I've been on Munster for almost 2 years and I would NEVER consider switching to another provider, it's great. I can only remember two days this year without service and both times we got a text to let us know before it went down. I use it for a Desktop and for a laptop with wireless router that I actually bought from Munster Broadband. They are a very professional and very well run business.

I'm in Limerick myself so they aren't that new but I did get it before most other people because one of the company owners is my neighbor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

thebourke wrote: »
    for the skype would you need the 3mb or the 1mb package?

1 meg is plenty for skype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

is the 3 mb good for online gaming , would like the 5mb but way too pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What are the possibilities of getting two connections to the one house?

There is such a big price gap between the 3Mb and the 5Mb options -- €35 to €100 -- that 2 x €35 = €70 would seem like a good idea for some.

Yes I can see the differences in contention ratio and upload speed, but to be honest 6Mb down and 2Mb up split over two separate connections would seem to be desireable ... particularly if you have a router that can take and deal with two connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Hi,

Has been fine for gaming I have been doing ...

ray@ray-desktop:~$ ping www.boards.ie
    PING www.boards.ie (89.234.66.107) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=10.9 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=13.3 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=30.0 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=11.1 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=11.5 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=6 ttl=57 time=14.5 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=7 ttl=57 time=28.4 ms
    64 bytes from ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie (89.234.66.107): icmp_seq=8 ttl=57 time=10.9 ms

Contact them, they are nice bunch of guys and very willing to talk business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭philipm

I am trying to source broadband for a house in Tubber in Co. Clare. Any plans to provide a service in this area?

Please send request to support@munsterbroadband.ie.
    We are busy with our existing areas at the moment.
    The best would be if you investigate how many of your naighbours would like to signup as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bridgeburner

hey livin in clonmel i saw this service is available in cashel, any chance in the future of coming to clonmel?? cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Trying to get in contact with munsterbroadband but all that comes up is this

http://www.munsterbroadband.ie/installation/index.php

anyone have a number for them ?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Shammy wrote: »
    Trying to get in contact with munsterbroadband but all that comes up is this

http://www.munsterbroadband.ie/installation/index.php

anyone have a number for them ?

Cheers

http://munsterbroadband.ie/contact-us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

All I can see on their site is:
    "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL"

might want to have some one look at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone got a number for them ? The number on the website doesn't seem to work.

• Advertisement

1 Sales Enquiries sales@munsterbroadband.ie +353766156666
    2 Support support@munsterbroadband.ie +353766156615

Official opening hours mon-fri 8.30-5.00
    If You have sales enquirers the best is if you send email or call us on Monday.

Thanks. They are coming out Monday to attempt an install. In Castleconnell so hopefully it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Are people really signing up for such an amateurish operation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Jehuty42 wrote: »

What exactly do you think are the alternatives?

Jehuty42 wrote: »

Very strange post :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KatieB7174

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting munster broadband but im wondering if you get it installed in one room can you only use it in that room or can you move around with it? If anyone knows please let me know asap please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

KatieB7174 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm thinking of getting munster broadband but im wondering if you get it installed in one room can you only use it in that room or can you move around with it? If anyone knows please let me know asap please :)

Did you try contacting Munsterbroadband ? ... they will have the answer !

afaik if you put in a wireless router you will have connection in multiple rooms all depends on thickness of walls etc

MBB contact details above or on http://munsterbroadband.ie website.
    It is possible to use wireless router ( preferred router ordered from Munster Broadband) to cover the house with wireless access. As well network cable will be provided to the back of the PC. Most of the Houses are covered in 80- 100 %.
    For more details pleas contact Munster broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Please stop digging up Zombie threads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Please stop digging up Zombie threads

There's also no need to back-seat mod.

Any broadband service can be used wirelessly with a Wifi router, which will let you move about (subject to range of the router).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement