Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail for Exchange & Nokia E71.

Options
  • 13-07-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble setting up Mail for Exchange on a Nokia E71. After configuring (correctly I think) I am getting an error message telling me to check credentials.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

snollup wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm having some trouble setting up Mail for Exchange on a Nokia E71. After configuring (correctly I think) I am getting an error message telling me to check credentials.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Joe

I've only ever experienced that error when a credential, be it email address, server name, password etc, was incorrect.

I recommend you contact your IT administrator, if one is available, just to confirm the server details. Also ensure you are using the correct port number and check whether the port in question requires SSL, e.g. 443 = secure port, 80 = unsecure port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I've only ever experienced that error when a credential, be it email address, server name, password etc, was incorrect.

I recommend you contact your IT administrator, if one is available, just to confirm the server details. Also ensure you are using the correct port number and check whether the port in question requires SSL, e.g. 443 = secure port, 80 = unsecure port.

Thanks Rsaeire for your reply.

I'm it as far as IT support. I have previousley configured a E61i & used the same details on this E71. I should not need to specify port as unsecure.

Anyone know if anybody supports this app? I know Vodafone dont.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Thanks Rsaeire for your reply.

I'm it as far as IT support. I have previousley configured a E61i & used the same details on this E71. I should not need to specify port as unsecure.

Anyone know if anybody supports this app? I know Vodafone dont.

Thanks.

Networks tend to only support their own branded email applications, e.g. Meteor with Meteor Mobile Email, Vodafone with Vodafone Business Email etc.

If the same details worked fine in your E61i, then I can't see why they wouldn't work in your E71. The only further thing I could recommend would be to delete your current MfE profile and start from scratch. On occasion I've noticed that MfE may throw up an error message, but once it's corrected, it doesn't save the corrected information and reverts back to when information was either incorrect or missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Networks tend to only support their own branded email applications, e.g. Meteor with Meteor Mobile Email, Vodafone with Vodafone Business Email etc.

If the same details worked fine in your E61i, then I can't see why they wouldn't work in your E71. The only further thing I could recommend would be to delete your current MfE profile and start from scratch. On occasion I've noticed that MfE may throw up an error message, but once it's corrected, it doesn't save the corrected information and reverts back to when information was either incorrect or missing.

Cheers, will give that a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eoincarroll

Cheers, will give that a shot.

Did you ever manage to get your mail for exchange working on your Nokia E71? I've the very same problem. My server person indicates alls well at his end. I'm with Meteor.

Help with Mail for exchange E71, Meteor ... using Zimbra mail ... if anyone has any advice.

Cheers
    Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Make sure passwords etc are identical including capitals etc. I have noticed in the past that if you login password expires and is not changed then the phone will no longer connect or if you change your password after expiry you might not have corrected it on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eoincarroll

richieg wrote: »
    Make sure passwords etc are identical including capitals etc. I have noticed in the past that if you login password expires and is not changed then the phone will no longer connect or if you change your password after expiry you might not have corrected it on the phone.

Hi Richieg ... since I put up the post I tried using WLAN (wireless internet) and it worked perfectly, suggesting the passwords etc are fine ... But contenting through my phone ie using Meteor WAP/DATA/MMS ... wont work. There seems to be some kind of conflict as Meteor WAP/DATA/MMS allows me to surf the web.

I have talked to other people using the same exchange server on other phone networks (02 & Three) and they arent having a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

OP,

I'm using MFE on my E71 on Meteor.
    Works flawlessly over Meteor DATA (unproxied, compared to their WAP APN).

A common error would be username - ie: the handset sometimes defaults username to a shortened version of your email address ie: Joe.bloggs where with my particular company's server username MUST be first initial, full surname - jbloggs

Little things like this, i've found can affect the set-up of MFE.

Another common error is that you might forget to change to your new password on MFE, when you've changed it on your PC (exchange server).

Advertisement