Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still playing?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hey,

just curious, I've been on the European-English open RvR server for a while now ("Eltharion") got a level 33 zealot and a few other level 10s.

anyone still playing?
    played, stopped, but plan to go back?
    played, stopped and don't plan to go back?
    playing another MMO and have no interest/time to start up another?

I know it reads like market research but I've no affliations.

pick what fits your situation 12 votes

Currently playing
    0% 0 votes
    Played, stopped but plan to try it again
    41% 5 votes
    Played, stopped but don't plan to try it again
    25% 3 votes
    Playing other MMO/no interest to play
    33% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its on my list of games to give another go.

What put me off at the start of not been able to log onto a populated server, the bit I played I enjoyed. But the rub is it's just not got the grab it had at launch now. So I'm kind of Meh if a ever go back to it or not.

plus there's so many other shiny things to attract my attention :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm still playing. The game's floundering badly right now. Mythic have promised to fix the recognised problems. Population's are mostly fine now since the servers were consolidated. But until issues such as AOE, CC and the endgame are sorted, it's not going to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Now now Spear don't sell the game too hard :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Now now Spear don't sell the game too hard :p

Don't misunderstand me, I laugh loud and heartily when I Eeek! some bastard stunty over the side of Logrins Forge or the like, but the game has some serious issues that need to be addressed. AOE and CC at least are being toned down in the next patch, I do still have hope for this to be turned around.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Just back playing now and having a crack on Azgal as Destruction. Several chars parked at 20 and leveling the other 7 through their teens atm to take advantage of 'rested' exp.

Trying out Choppa in PvP - with a couple of healers on your back you're unstoppable, even BW's aren't a focus of fear, you just charge in and AoE them to death while circling so they don't have LoS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I took a break from WAR a few weeks ago. The game seemed to be heading nowhere. World pvp was a bit of a mess. City seiges were rubbish and not much of an incentive to do, fortress sieges were simply not fun. I was playing as Destruction on Azgal in The Dragon Fighters guild. Nice guild and I may go back if the content inproves significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I took a break from WAR a few weeks ago. The game seemed to be heading nowhere. World pvp was a bit of a mess. City seiges were rubbish and not much of an incentive to do, fortress sieges were simply not fun. I was playing as Destruction on Azgal in The Dragon Fighters guild. Nice guild and I may go back if the content inproves significantly.

This along with empty areas to level in (alts dont seem to like going beyond teir 2) and the fact that anytime I tried to join in teir 4 RVR I got a "supply lines extended" message and a port back to warcamp :(

Advertisement