Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 acts/groups

• 13-07-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

You feel privileged to have seen...
    sorry if its been done here before..

1 Leftfeild :D
    2 Basement jaxx
    3 Daft Punk

Leftfeild namely because they kinda broke my heavy metal days and turned me to electronica, I don't remember much Tho apprently I went from lieing down to bolt standing straight up with in seconds...:D when this came on

Basement jaxx simply because of the dancer's and just such a lively act...
    I had so much fun dancing with any body who would dance... It was just so much fun really made and concert Fun which is the what there all about...

Daft Punk
    :D Best concert Ive ever seen light show and just sheer Out of my tits best buzz Ive had in my life i was Fvcked, I don't think Ive ever been so messed up
    But i remember every minute of it, my friend had to make a toe line for me to hold on to I was that mashed after leaving....... :D:pac:

I've seen orbital, underworld and Prodigy to tho For some reason those concerts still give me goose bumps thinking back...

what are yours ?

Comments

Kinda liked Leftfield.

Could never warm to Daft Punk, but appreciate their place in the evolution of dance.

As for Basement Jaxx, just a commercial act that dips into a wide variety of styles. Sometimes it's good, like Where's Your Head At. Sometimes it's novelty stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Never seen Leftfield live, big regret of mine.

Saw Basement Jaxx live, big regret of mine.

3 that I'm very happy I got to see, in no particular order...

1. The Orb
    2. Orbital
    3. Model 500

Countless acts I'd still love to see live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Orbital, anytime anyplace. Can't wait to see them again at Electric Picnic, have tickets as well for a gig in Manchester 2 weeks later, just themselves. Their 'last ever Irish gig' was something special at Oxegen 4 years ago.

Mid-90s Prodigy - Gleneagle Hotel in Killarney, then the Tivoli, then numerous times in the Point. Excellent. They wouldn't be my bag nowadays though.

Groove Armada would be my third - saw them at Witness - mad gig - guys climbing up the guy wires of the tent, really went off. They played the first Electric Picnic when it was a one day thing, that was excellent as well. Have seen them at the Olympia and here and there as well.

Have seen Underworld twice, both really blew me away, wasn't expecting them to be that good.

Chemical Brothers at Electric Picnic 2 years ago was ok, visuals were amazing and new songs were good, something just a bit lacking.

Basement Jaxx - saw a couple of times, bit novelty alright

Booka Shade - letdown of Electric Picnic last year for me. Was looking forward to seeing them, wasn't helped by crap sound in the tent. There was just no comparison between them and Underworld the next night. Ok you can say it's apples and oranges, and Underworld were helped by better sound, but Booka Shade looked like they'd never be good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

1. Underworld
    2. Orbital
    3. Groove Armada

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

1: Kraftwerk
    2: Daft Punk
    3: hmm.....bjork?

going to see aphex twin next week - should be good. would love to see the knife and orbital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

1) Biosphere
    2) Sigur Ros
    3) Dreadzone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Melty wrote: »
    1: Kraftwerk
    2: Daft Punk
    3: hmm.....bjork?

going to see aphex twin next week - should be good. would love to see the knife and orbital

Where / When exactly are you going to see Aphex Twin? Would love to see the act live! Any info would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

he's playing melt festival in germany.... but it's sold out

thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055522141

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

1. Prodigy
    2. Booka Shade
    3. Deadmau5 / Sasha

I know I give Deadmau5 a lot of abuse but his live performance was excellent granted it was October 2008.

I guarantee this time next week I will have a whole different perspective with Melt coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

How about acts/groups you regret never going to see?

1. The Fourth Dimension

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

francesco farfa in space ibiza 6 years ago with jeff mills. amazing night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

old gregg wrote: »
    1) Biosphere
    2) Sigur Ros
    3) Dreadzone

Who are biosphere and dreadzone? As for sigur ros, a mate of mine put it best when he said "pretentious student union"music....it's a nice quote...

for me;
    1) Underworld at I love techno/EP - amazing both nights
    2) Sven Vath at Amnesia 2008
    3) Prodigy at Oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

As for regret
    1) Orbital
    2) Laurent Garnier
    3) Nick Curly

Should get to see the last 2 in the foreseeable future though....pity I'll be missing EP though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

As for Basement Jaxx, just a commercial act that dips into a wide variety of styles. Sometimes it's good, like Where's Your Head At. Sometimes it's novelty stuff.

Chin stroke much?

Commercial ??? to what none underground commercial,

Under world could be regarded the same. as well as the majority of acts all ready said bye other's, the difference being that you see a divided, and give of this wonderful snobbery impression. That your taste's are to good for that sort of affect.

Ive walked into a cattle market and seen the hole place erupt be cause paul van dyke , for an angel was being played, Im not a fan of his music tho i respect something and the deciding factor is if people enjoy it then its fun this is not about chin stroking about the music its seeing who you, most enjoyed live, Ive seen James Lavelle play ive seen unkle play Ive seen the stanton warriors , ive seen future funk squad and the plump dj's, scratch pervert's, and many others but never have seen people enjoy it as much as the 3 Ive listed...

Its pretty sad to chin stroke like that. All you do is limit your self to Oh i couldn't stomic that because its to commercial bye saying that you limit who you can see and enjoy, I love all electronica not just one type il near enough listen to anything because it all has its place I certainty don't limit my self or the music i listen to just because its "commercial"...

Thats sad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Chin stroke much?

Under world could be regarded the same. as well as the majority of acts all ready said bye other's, the difference being that you see a divided, and give of this wonderful snobbery impression. That your taste's are to good for that sort of affect.

:confused:

francois wrote: »
    :confused:

I know. Let's analyse his post again...
    Chin stroke much?
    That your taste's are to good for that sort of affect.
    not about chin stroking
    to chin stroke
    Thats sad!

Apparently I am not allowed to mildly criticise an act like Basement Jaxx because this poster liked them, and they were one of the acts which rescued him from Megadeth and Motley Cru! :D

I'll bow to his knowledge of stroking oneself, and agree to differ with the opinion he wants to impose.

As for the thread, the act I waited 20 years to see and finally did last year, 808 State.

Advertisement