Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE 8

• 13-07-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Is it just me or are there serious problems with IE8?
    Mine keeps hanging when Im opening up another tab, and comes up as Not Responding. Driving me nuts. I have AVG installed aswell and thought this might be slowing it down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Folks,

Mine keeps hanging when Im opening up another tab, and comes up as Not Responding. Driving me nuts. I have AVG installed aswell and thought this might be slowing it down.
    It's the browser. I highly recommend using Firefox instead, you won't regret it.

http://getfirefox.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

cpu-dude wrote: »
    It's the browser. I highly recommend using Firefox instead, you won't regret it.

http://getfirefox.com/

Thats all I needed to hear. Its been driving me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Thats all I needed to hear. Its been driving me insane.
    Another very handy tip is to set the Internet Explorer proxy to 127.0.0.1 with Port 0. This way, nothing bad can ever come onto your computer via Internet Explorer itself (and trust me, 95% of the stuff does come from it due to Active X's and poor Add-On support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Folks,

So weird, I was browsing around for info on Google Chrome as I have officially given up on IE8. Such a retarded bug that I cannot believe they haven't patched out at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

never had a problem with IE8, its even working fine on my p3 600mhz laptop

have you disabled 3rd party extensions in advanced settings

• Advertisement

mukki wrote: »
    never had a problem with IE8, its even working fine on my p3 600mhz laptop

have you disabled 3rd party extensions in advanced settings

It's been a problem since day one and it's a known issue. A quick google will show you that a lot of users suffer from this dead tab issue.

I downloaded chrome last night and there's no poxy favourites button? FFS google, just because Microsoft has it doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Seifer wrote: »
    It's been a problem since day one and it's a known issue. A quick google will show you that a lot of users suffer from this dead tab issue.

I downloaded chrome last night and there's no poxy favourites button? FFS google, just because Microsoft has it doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Eh there is!!! Check here for some more information. Have been using it at home since it was out...but still jump back to Firefox for some things. Miss the plug-ins.

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Eh there is!!! Check here for some more information. Have been using it at home since it was out...but still jump back to Firefox for some things. Miss the plug-ins.

No, there isn't.
    Yes, there are ways to access your favourites. There is however no single button on the left side of the screen that when clicked shows a list of your favourites (like IE and firefox have). The only option is to display their manky favourites bar and then use the "other bookmarks" on the extreme right side of the screen (which can't be moved).

I don't get why they haven't put it in because from googling around it seems to have been an issue since launch.

Incase anyone is interested, I figured out a way to get close enough to what I wanted.
    If you create a new folder in bookmarks, it will be planted on the left side of the bookmarks bar and you can dump all your favourites in there and it will behave like the IE favourites button. It's a pity you have to waste space displaying the whole bar to do this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ilap7

Folks,

No, it's not AVG. I have the same problem with opening up another tab and crashing or not responding.
    I have Vista on both computers and on both is the same problem with this browser.
    I don't use really IE. I prefer Firefox and Google Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Folks,

yep ur right....it freezes alot uhh i wish i wasnt too lazy to downgrade back to IE7:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I basically have stopped using IE8 now as it's too slow and keeps crashing on me. (using Vista Sp 2) Firefox 3.5 beats the rest of them hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Problem still not fixed.

*Goes off to find a browser that works*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i been using IE8 since it came out its sooo crap! freezes n shuts down for no reason:mad:IE7 was better! and i noticed yesterday i signed into boards from firebox and alot of people had them sig's thigns under their posts...on IE8 ya cant see them:confused:

Advertisement