Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Solicitors for buying home?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm in the middle of buying a house at the moment as a 1st time buyer and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap solicitor that they may have used.

We have been quoted around the 2000k mark, with 1900k for one company but I was wondering if anyone has used anyone cheaper?

Thanks a mil,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just be careful. Cheap isn't always best.

Look here on board at the number of people who were buying property and didn't have a good solicitor, so are now in a bad way.

Get a good, professional, experienced solicitor, and it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lightroom

Try Donal M. Gahan, Ritchie & Co solicitors, they are based in lower Baggot Street. I was charged 1500 for buying apartment whereas everywhere else charged 1800, I don't know about buying houses. No harm to give them a call and find out. Here's the phone number:6767277

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hannanv2

That's great thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Paulw wrote: »
    Just be careful. Cheap isn't always best.

Look here on board at the number of people who were buying property and didn't have a good solicitor, so are now in a bad way.

Get a good, professional, experienced solicitor, and it will be worth it.

Paul is 110% right you dont scrimp on the biggest investment you are ever likely to make. if you think a few hundred euro is worth the possible heartache others on here have suffered go right ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hannanv2

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Obviously i'm aware that with such a purchase all dealings need to be thought through fully and accurately, including costs of solicitors etc. but it's always good to get a ball park for costs so thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement