Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate scholarships if you got a first?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have a question, please help:

A lot of my classmates were offered a scholarship in January on account of their good grades, it meant that they were entitled to funding if they intended or already were doing a Masters in UCD.
    Recently I was talking to one of them and she reckoned I was probably entitled to one too as I recieved a good first in my final year exams last year.
    She suggested I enquire about it in case I am entitled to it but the letter was posted to the address I lived at last year.

I asked in the School of English office and they said I should send an email and they would look into it, but I needed to know the offiical name of the grant/scholarship.

So my question is, is it simply called the UCD postgraduate scholarship or is there another, more official, name for it?

any help or insight into this would be appreciated,
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Yeah its just called a UCD postgraduate scholarship. Your best bet to find out is if you go to the last desk in the admin building (grants and scholarships). They are always very helpful. Some letters are sent out in late summer while others are sent early in the second semester - I don't know why though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭StopWhispering

Yes, the "UCD postgraduate scholarship", it does exactly what it says on the tin. Although, that person you spoke to at the School of English office should easily have been able to check through the different scholarship programmes for you. Believe me, I know they could have.

By the way, well done...a first is not easy to earn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ophelia09

thank you

Advertisement