Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modding to rapid fire

• 13-07-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭

will i get banned by microsoft on xbox360 live if i use a modded controller to have rapid fire?
    thanks people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

No, but that is cheating.... why would you want to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Can't win otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

modders are very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

No, but that is cheating.... why would you want to?
    our son wants it, but we don't think it's a good idea,
    we have said to him he may well get banned for using modded
    weapons thingy, i wouldn't mind but he's very good without these
    extra gadgets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Explain to him how much satisfying it is to win fair and square! i don't mind getting beat by better people, i'd be really annoyed if they were using aids to cheat with though. It's probably really easy to to tell when someones doing it too and he'll get a bad rep, a banning is highly unlikely though i would say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

People use it for call of duty were with a rapid fire joypad you can unload an entire magazine in about a 10th of a second.

You won't get banned immediately but expect tonnes of abuse from players, infractions and eventual ban.

Try playing the game fairly, it's much more fun. There's a small circle in hell reserved for cheaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Modded controllers go for like €60 or more from what I've seen on the internet, what's the point? You don't really need to unload an entire clip of a Desert Eagle or a G3 in full auto. Just be a P90 noob with Steady Aim like the rest of us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Modded controllers go for like €60 or more from what I've seen on the internet, what's the point? You don't really need to unload an entire clip of a Desert Eagle or a G3 in full auto. Just be a P90 noob with Steady Aim like the rest of us. :pac:
    speak for yourself, im using an AK with noob tuube and it does the same job with just 1 shot. prefer silence tho.

back on topic anyway, if the kid is struggling, i know it sounds weird, but change your stragegy of playing before resorting to cheating. ive completely changed my way of playing 3 times in COD. its not worth the risk of a ban anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

thanks guys, i think it's a bit of "that looks cool" but he really knows now it's not necessary, he trashes me 100% of the time and has a good group of xbox buddies that enjoy his game and that's the way he likes it.
    thanks again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    People use it for call of duty were with a rapid fire joypad you can unload an entire magazine in about a 10th of a second.

You won't get banned immediately but expect tonnes of abuse from players, infractions and eventual ban.

Try playing the game fairly, it's much more fun. There's a small circle in hell reserved for cheaters.

What he said. It's fairly obvious who's using a modded controller in COD and they get fairly instant abuse and are then avoided like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

blue%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EDown+With+That+Sort+Of+Thing%21%21%21%21%5E_%5E.gif

Advertisement