Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to stop eating lovely food!

Options
  • 13-07-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

As someone who loves their food, but used never put on weight, it has come as quite a shock to find that as you get that bit older I'm finding that my wonderful "I can eat anything" metabolism has begun to abandon me, and I'm turning a little squidgy around the edges.

The problem is, I've gotten used to being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. So now I'm finding it really difficult to stop! It seems my will power has gone the way of my metabolism, and I'll spend 2 days eating perfectly healthy, only to ruin it with some biccies or a bag of chips and then feel crappy about myself.

Does anyone have any tips on how to cut out junk food without caving every week?

Also, I'm not big into fancy foods so I'd love if someone out there had ideas about good healthy food that I can get in Dunnes or Tesco and that won't cost the earth and taste mank. Thanks!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I'd say the biggest change you need to make is stop thinking about having to sacrifice by giving up "nice" food.

Post yoru diet, or write it down. Then see what areas you could improve on, changing one thing each week.

It takes a few days for your body to get over any sort of diet change, during which it gives out ot you. Afterwards, it hardly remembers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Thanks Colm. I think I'll post my progress (or lack of!) in the Fitness Logs and hopefully I'll get good feedback/constructive criticism from that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NFH

KARMA - thats how I help myself say no.

I remind myself that if I do the right thing, good **** will come my way and if you do the wrong thing bad **** will come my way.

SIMPLE AS. Granted it's a little puffy, but if works for me and I used to be awful at stayin away from the "lovely foods"

When I think of this, that bag of crisps or that Supermac's or that pack of chocolate digestives with my tea just dosent seem as nice.

Mind you ya can't be a freak about it either, ya gotta let go from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

good healthy food that I can get in Dunnes or Tesco and that won't cost the earth and taste mank. Thanks!!!:D

Tesco's own meusli, even the fancy ones are cheap. Lidl's bag of almonds,
    another winner. Both of them do corn, cheap, Ronnie Colemans favourite!

Advertisement