Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 espress music

• 13-07-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I have a few problems with my nokia 5800.
    Since yesterday it wont let me recieve messages unless i send one. as in i have to send myself a blank msg when i am txting someone so that i recieve their message.
    It wont show up who called me when i have a missed call and it wont keep delivery reports.
    All happened since yesterday. Rang metoer who after doing what they said its not a problem there end. So they told me go back to where i got it problem is i got it from my parents from there holiday in China. Now im worried its a fake, looked a bit on web for differences but couldnt. Anyone hear of these problems or know how i could tell if its real or fake!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Who meteor not check the imei number for you?

Are you getting full signal? Any problems making receiving calls? Try switching off 3g network connection.

In the message settings, is 'receive report' still selected as 'Yes'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Davy wrote: »
    Who meteor not check the imei number for you?

Are you getting full signal? Any problems making receiving calls? Try switching off 3g network connection.

In the message settings, is 'receive report' still selected as 'Yes'

Yea recieve report is selected as yea! checked that straight away!!
    Getting full signal and recieving calls ok. no credit to make them, called metoer of it fine tho so that the same thing!!
    Do you mean ask metoer to check imei number? will they do that even tho its bought from a different country?

thanks for reply:)

anyone else got any info on this? It also wont show the last dialled, recieved calls i have made.
    Is it a easily fixed problem, if i sent it to a regular phone shop will they fix it no problem?

Have you tried reflasing the software ont he phone, using nokia software updater that comes with Pc suite.

i dont know how to do that!! can you explain in easier terms if you dont mind

• Advertisement

Open nokia pc suite on the Pc. If you havent got it installed already you can download it from HERE

Connect the phone to the pc.

Click the safe icon which is backup. It will save all your contacts, notes, calendar appointments, pictures and videos etc. on your pc. I wouldn't do everything in one go. Example; just do the contacts, calenders stuff that you defo want on it. Then do another backup with the other stuff like pics and vids.

Then disconnect the phone, and erase everything doing a hard rest. Turn off the phone, and press and hold RED + GREEN + CAMERA buttons when powering up, and hold until it displays enter pin. Then connect it back up to the pc again.

Then click on the NSU icon, green with a big arrow on it. If will find the connected phone, it may tell you you have the latest software version but click yes to continue. It will just reinstall the current software version.

Then you can 'restore' the backup file back to the phone by clicking the backup icon in pcsuite, except this time click the other circle to do a restore rather than a backup.

i only got around to doing this today. i get a new update on it but its still the same? do you think my best bet would be to send it of to be get checked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

1 of my friends had this problem.She got a new SIM from vodafone and its working grand now.Could be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

This is exactly the same problem I've been having with mine but I've had mine around two months. I posted it on here too & was told to update the software. I did update it to V21 but still same problem. I've also tried a factory reset. No dice. Same with turning logs off and on again.

I think both of our best bets would be to bring it back to the shop. To be honest this is a common problem with this phone... It's ridiculous that they're still being sold with this glitch.

Bring it back is what I say or try any of the above, see if it works unless anyone else has any ideas?

ive tried all the above. least i know its a common problem now from what your saying. my biggest problem is my parents bought me the phone (in a phone shop) in china.... so carphone warehouse wont take it tried yest!! it also has a problem with the screen now. it goes all blurry 90% of the time i unlock it. and only way of gettin rid of this is turnin it of and on annoyin every single time, do you have this probelm??

any other help greatly appreciated... go back to nokia maybe??

• Advertisement
Advertisement