Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist

• 13-07-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

So i went to the dentist today, and after a few years of grinding my teeth on a weekly basis my teeth are in bits. 5 fillings and a root canal, yay.

So i guess im asking any experienced ravers have you got a problem with your teeth? Or do you have any teeth left?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, that's a lot man! They're not smarties you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Zascar wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot man! They're not smarties you know!

Ill have to remember to pack my gumsheild next time i head out, haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea been there. Went to the dentist about 5 years ago to find I'd broken most of my fillings.... went back a year later and they were broken again.

I grind my teeth in my sleep, the dentist gave me a 'night guard' to wear while I sleep - it's a hard plastic thing moulded to the shape of your mouth. It works though, doesn't stop you grinding but it stops the breaking of fillings

Dentist told me to stop eating so much chewing gum.... :D

Who knows if it's from natural causes or not though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

teeth arnt too bad. back is fine too. i've heard regular ravers can write off both in later life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I grind my teeth in my sleep anyways so it doesn't change things much for me, have to wear a guard as I get headaches the next day from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was he called Jon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was he called Jon?

Thats what i thought the thread was about:D

:D

OT - I used to have terrible trouble with my gums after a session (phnaar phnaar!) but they'd always be grand by the time the next weekend rolled around.

But a few years ago I had to go the Dentist because I had a gum infection around the wisdom tooth area. Had to get a wisdom tooth removed and since then I've never had a problem. Turns out the wisdom tooth was biting down on the gum and that's what was causing the problem when out on a mad one. Would of solved an awful lot of suffering if I had of had the tooth out earlier.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Thats what i thought the thread was about:D
    ha ha - same here - that's why I came into the thread!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth out, really not looking forward to it, been putting it off for ages

• Advertisement

I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth out, really not looking forward to it, been putting it off for ages
    Jesus!!! And you're not all that bright as is! :D;)

But seriously, that's epic. Top ones are fine, but the bottoms are done under a general anaesthetic. Hop ya like drinking food through a straw!

Got told when I was around 19 I'd need all 4 out within the next year to year and a half.

Didn't go back for a while...

Then when I did, to a different dentist, he said the 'new school of thought' is to leave them there until they cause a problem. They're kind of half up, but have no room to come up any further. They don't annoy me much or often, so they're staying put for now!

joker77 wrote: »
    Got told when I was around 19 I'd need all 4 out within the next year to year and a half.

Didn't go back for a while...

Then when I did, to a different dentist, he said the 'new school of thought' is to leave them there until they cause a problem. They're kind of half up, but have no room to come up any further. They don't annoy me much or often, so they're staying put for now!
    Yeah that's what my Dentist told me when I had to get the one taken out, something about them being compacted and once they're not causing a problem it's best to leave them be. It's a serious operation so there's point in doing it unless it really needs to be done.

Dance Forum eh? :pac:

I got told about 2 years ago I need them out, but it was not mandatory. They are impacting thought so moving other teeth around. Every few months they get infected and hurt like hell. Bottom ones have big as roots that go right down to a major nerve so only one Surgeon in the country to do it, general anaesthetic and 1-2 weeks off work. I'm still Sh1tting it.

Dance forum indeed!

yea strange discussions on the dance forum recently!

Sounds like a bit job Zascar - don't envy you but I know I'll probably have to have it done at some stage.

The 2 weeks off work sounds good to me at the moment though....

Táck wrote: »
    teeth arnt too bad. back is fine too. i've heard regular ravers can write off both in later life

I always laugh when i hear some gurning medical expert say that the acid in pills(?????) gets straight into your spinal cord and leaves you crippled.

Really? Nothing at all to do with gyrating and thrusting and lepping about like a loon for 4 hours and then sleeping in a heap on a sh!te couch beside 4 other casualties in some mates house?:D

lol I think its due to when you see lads interlinking arms back to back and leaning over to crack eachtothers backs! Feels great at the time but it probably doing damage! :pac:

lol I think its due to when you see lads interlinking arms back to back and leaning over to crack eachtothers backs! Feels great at the time but it probably doing damage! :pac:

I can tell you for fact that it does damage. I nearly crippled a chap in Galway years back. As soon as his weight bent his back he was in agony. I told him it must be the acid in the pills;)

Advertisement