Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUICK QUESTION

Options
  • 13-07-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hey all,
    applied for .22 rifle license start of may, no word yet any number or something where i can check status without going to my local barracks?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

you could try ringing the supers office and asking whats the state of play

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

hey thanks, but what i mean is- where does my application go can i check there, don't know if its even been sent. Don't want to talk to guards here untill i know if it's even been sent!!! any ideas now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

You really should check with your local first, two months and a bit is hardly a long delay in any case. The local station passes it to the district station and when the Super approves it, it goes to the Phoenix Park. That last stage should only take a couple of days to a week or so, so if there's a delay, most likely it's at local level.

Which is where you should start asking.

Why don't you want to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hey all,
    applied for .22 rifle license start of may, no word yet any number or something where i can check status without going to my local barracks?
    thanks

you can ring garda HQ on 016660000 ask for firearms licensing ,you will want your pulse id no or the no of the firearm.

be polite as there very helpful there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

with the new licence's coming out soon i'd say they are up to there eyes in paper work , this is the busy season for the phoenix park now and aherns brainwave hasn't helped.

i can't see any trouble with contacting the copper who dealt with the original application , did you two have words or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

I was taking to the hq in Phoenix Park last week and there turnaround is 24hrs ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

elius wrote: »
    I was taking to the hq in Phoenix Park last week and there turnaround is 24hrs ...

+1
    When getting handgun licence a couple of years ago i rang Pheonix Park. They had the licence in and turned around in 24 hrs. Said max turn around is usually 72hrs. Handguns are(were) a priority but most firearm certs are processed quickly. I found out my licence was sitting in station for nearly 2 weeks in the wrong pigeon hole (mail slot) and was overlooked.
    Originally posted by rowa

with the new licence's coming out soon i'd say they are up to there eyes in paper work , this is the busy season for the phoenix park......

Spot on. Give it a bit more time.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks all. One thing elius whats "turnaround"?!

Thanks all. One thing elius whats "turnaround"?!

Sorry processing licences in 24hrs... The lady on the phone set there turning them around in 24 hrs. so to speak :D:D:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

ezridax wrote: »
    +1
    I found out my licence was sitting in station for nearly 2 weeks in the wrong pigeon hole (mail slot) and was overlooked.

Spot on. Give it a bit more time.

If it was a summons this wouldn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jonty wrote: »
    If it was a summons this wouldn't happen.

You can sing that :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I could be wrong but im guessin you wont here much til near november.

Thanks all. Rang dublin-nothing! Rang guards- left my home barracks for dublin on 9th this month after background check. does that seem reasonable?

Thanks all. Rang dublin-nothing! Rang guards- left my home barracks for dublin on 9th this month after background check. does that seem reasonable?

yep you will ahve it in the next week or two i would imagine.. only take 24hrs in dublin..

Advertisement