Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Street, Trim.

Options
  • 13-07-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

Just driving through Castle Street this evening and I recall not too many years ago that this street was always a pleasure to walk or drive through with the amount of flower boxes / hanging baskets that were to behold down along by the town houses opposite the town hall and up as far as where the hotel now is. Alas, not a sign of a bloom darkening the door well of not even one premises.

I simply wonder why this sad turn of event?

Of course someone might be able say that its been like that for years and I shouldn't be judging todays situation by the reminiscing of yester year.

The reason that i'm partial to it is that when I first moved to Trim, the flowers along Castle Street were the first impression and a major selling point of the town for me.

Anyhow, I just thought they were lovely and greatly enhanced the first impression and overall aesthetics of the town and wondered where they'd gone?

Anyone hazard a guess?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xuza

Probably because they were been pulled down by the hooligans at night. It is a pity because they were so nice but I expect to see them up for the tidy towns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 losh

The reason is up untill this year the council watered all the hanging plants outside all the shops but because of cutbacks the shopowners now have to water and care for the hanging baskets themselves.:mad: (its hard for the shopkeeper to this as you need a hose and because they generally are 3 to 4 metres in the air).

Advertisement