Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with 2 Xboxes using same Router ?

• 13-07-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I know there is a sticky with info on WIfi but cant seem to find how to do this...

me and my both bro have Xbox 360, he is upstairs and Im downstairs, I connect to the router via a cable and he has gone out and bought a wireless adaptor... for whatever reason it will not pick up the wireless router (eircom Netopia) has anyone done this before ?

Any help appreciated...

:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Where is the router located? Could distance be the cause for his Xbox not being able to pick up the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I am downstairs and he is in the attic conversion.....so I suppose there is a whole house between us ? Didnt think range would be an issue though with the Adaptor ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Try putting the Adaptor in your Xbox and see if yours can connect to Live. If it can, then distance and walls are causing your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

ok just managed to configure it for him but he has like only one 'red' bar for connection speed.... so I suppose its a bit of a fools win.... unless I can boost the signal somehow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    ok just managed to configure it for him but he has like only one 'red' bar for connection speed.... so I suppose its a bit of a fools win.... unless I can boost the signal somehow ?

I have the Netopia router as well and the range is terrible. I'm going to look into buying a new one. Anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

jenno86 wrote: »
    I have the Netopia router as well and the range is terrible. I'm going to look into buying a new one. Anyone got any suggestions?

http://www-ie.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IE%2FLayout&cid=1138744840171&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4017121035B13

Bit expensive but tottally worth it ive had mine for 6 years and not a problem with it so far.
    Also I have my router upstairs about 4 walls away from my xbox and there isnt a problem with speed normally get nearly full connection speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I would suggest you buy a pair of devolo homeplugs, this is the system we use when we all want to play in the same room. I have successfully connested 4 360's at the same time no sweat...... Think you cna get a set for around 50-60 bucks, well worth it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

What kind of router is it? You could try changing some setting to improve signal strength? I'm using dd-wrt which rocks for playing with but it sounds like there is a fair bit of distance involved. Personally , I'd run some cable up but I don't know if that is applicable for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

hard to beat the netgear range max, i can play live 200 meters down the road in another house! Nearly doubles the range of the eircom one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    hard to beat the netgear range max, i can play live 200 meters down the road in another house! Nearly doubles the range of the eircom one.

This goes against all I know:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

helios12 wrote: »
    This goes against all I know:eek:
    i know i couldn't believe it but its line of sight and i have my wireless adaptor up in the window !

Advertisement